Tight mirror

V

Vapordan

Just got my bike, started modding. Left mirror comes off like a snap. Right mirror? I've got the 17inch spanner on it and it is NOT budging to the point where I've already worn out the grip. Is it me or was it some idiot at the factory having a bad day? Any ideas? I'm about to go get a puncher and a hammer to try loosen it up.

V

Vapordan

Ok, I've officially butchered it and scratched up the surroundings and it is still on. i'm just going to order the mirror mount assembly. and be done with it. so pissed.

H

Hoover

Yamaha have been fucking with owners like this for decades.

I believe they are the only manufacturer who has opposite threads on their mirrors.

You are one of many that has done this my friend!

rug_burn

That's good to know...

See? That's the kind of grief and busted knuckles we avoid by participating in this here forum...!

A

AndyDehnRules

Haha nice! I almost did the same thing, but then I was drinking and though... you know what... what if it is reversed. Done deal.

I should add that there are frame plugs you can get (I got some at Menards in the screw/bolt aisle) that fit right in. I think I got 9MM ones and just cut the post down a bit, but they go in and don't come out (unless you break them out). Looks great too and will cover up that unpainted metal underneath!

Last edited by a moderator: