Ticketed or almost ticketed?

b-eock

I have to realign my headlight as the HID cutoff line is off centered again. Gonna get some lock tite. Maybe it'll stay then. Maybe tomorrow I can get the video for you guys. I promise its coming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

b-eock

OK I'm not pushing my luck with the passenger pegs anymore. I will get the video and then thats it for me. I will be looking to get a custom Fab for the sub cage done. If we get enough people or even someone closer to A-Town customs, SickInnovations, etc. Maybe they can make a run for us! They need a bike/sub frame to do this as they don't have a design for our bike yet.

b-eock

Well I can't afford it right now. But for A-TOWN Customs to make a sub frame and sub cage, they need a whole bike so they can make a template for our bike. I'm in Texas and shipping a bike isn't cheap. So when I get the funds (may be a while) I was wondering if someone could use their bike and let them borrow it. I would pay for all the parts, and I'm sure have to give you something as well. I'm only 17 in school and on a min wage part time job. So money is tight for me (paying for the bike and insurance which is ~3000 a year).

b-eock

OK. So I'm gonna find someone well known for their welding skills. And I'll make a design based off of A-Town Customs for a sub cage and maybe a sub frame. It'll be a while. Gotta get some details.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Got my first speedy today. I was out on a vent-ride as, I had planned on going out to do some shooting with the new gun but plans kinda fell through and, as feeling a bit bummed started to mingle with boredom, I decided to go ride before work. Now I'm out for a good hour enjoying myself and I decide I'm gonna head back to the house. I'm about 6 miles out and I turn at a stop sign I had come upto and decided to do a wheelie once I had turned. I'm riding this wheelie into 3rd gear and I'm just shy of 90mph when I set the nose down and about a quarter mile down the road I see a State Highway Patrol car so I start gettin the bike whoa'ed down and as I pass him I can see he's coming to a stop so I just roll up to the next driveway along the road and wait for him. I got lucky he clocked me 74 in a 55 but, there's a bit of me that's irritated with him because while I admit I was breaking the law the kid comes back after I hand him my license and such and tells me that my bike is coming back under someone else's name but we figure out he ran the plate wrong but then he's trying to make a point of my license saying Motorcycle Novice till 8-16-13 which we've passed and even if it hadn't the only thing Novice denotes in Ohio seeing as a permit is a separate ID card is that you're required to wear a helmet which I do anyhow. Poor kid just didn't do his job well but it kind of makes me wish I would have been a bit less kind as I had to sit for an extra 15 for him to re-run the corrected plate number.

b-eock

That sucks. I don't stop anymore. I don't condone illegal things. I just don't have the money to get a ticket or care really. (I ride when literally when no people are out, because I know that doing anything dangerous is also putting others at risk. So I'm not a complete douche...) Especially if I'm not doing anything wrong and they try to pull me over. My plate's gone and I haven't cared to get another. Scratch that, I got another one so I could have it. But I took it off. I'm sorry to hear you got a ticket. When I was in my car, a newb cop tried to punk me. It was midnight. And I have an audio system worth about $1.5K that I pieced together myself. And it was under the Gas Station Gazebo thingy and playing full blast filling up my car. I know the city ordinances for sound and he tried to lie about the fine price and what the ordinance said. Hell no. I research everything before I do ANYTHING. And then he tried to tell me it was illegal to have the keys in the ignition even if the car was off. Freaking power hungry, corrupt cop. I know 5 good cops I'm good friends with. That's it. But yeah, unless you're gonna take off if they flip on the lights, try not to ride angry/aggravated. Just trying to help

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

RoadKill

just got a ticket Friday night in the cage. i didn't use my turn signal at a light and got a $138 ticket for it. then the cop gave a speech about safety and the need for my signal. then when he left i followed him and observed him not use his blinkers for 4 turns in a row. after that i just took off in another direction in disgust.

b-eock

You're right, they're very hypocritical. I always follow them speeding, not using signals, Eating, using the phone, playing on their computer. Yeah the police around here, and I'm sure many other places, are insanely corrupt.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
My favorite around here is flippin the lights on to make a red. Once a week atleast.

I agree though B, I play when I'm by myself on the road, and there was a part of me that thought about bookin it, it would have been easy too but, it was such a rotten day that I kinda said what the hell let's throw on the first speeding ticket.

Rotaryknight

I was almost caught doing 141mph going to work on the highway almost a month ago....

State trooper was hiding in the divider under an overpass, I didnt see him. My coworker in his R6 was behind me also going around the same speed didnt see him.

Got to work and found out another of my coworker was pulled over on the same highway. Apparently, he saw us zooming by and tried to catch up in his mazdaspeed3. The state trooper that we passed was already on the verge of pulling out to catch me when my friend sped right passed him going 95mph. State trooper pulled him over instead. It was hilarious as hell to us, but it was damn wreckless of us too. If it wasnt for my good friend geting pulled over, I would've gotten a ticket and a suspension probably since I caught up to traffic a mile ahead.

Getting pulled over under 85mph is fine with me, anything more than that, well....

F

fz8kansas

Many years ago I was suppose to take a trip with a friend to the Ozarks. The day before we were suppose to go he called and his engine had a major failure and we had to cancel the trip. I was bummed. Then I got a call from work, they needed me to come and get the keys from the safe. I was on my way and took off from a light and just started short shifting up through the gears. About a block later I noticed all the on coming traffic pulling to the right and stopping. I looked back and there he was behind me. I looked down and I was at 45+ in a 30. I pulled over and got out my license. He came up and asked I why I was in a hurry. I told him about going in to work on my day off and the trip I should have been leaving on. He told me that he was suppose to be off but his replacement called in and was running late. He walked back to the car with my license to call it in and then I heard him cussing. He had locked himself out of the car. He gave me my license back and told me to slow down.

Rotaryknight

Many years ago I was suppose to take a trip with a friend to the Ozarks. The day before we were suppose to go he called and his engine had a major failure and we had to cancel the trip. I was bummed. Then I got a call from work, they needed me to come and get the keys from the safe. I was on my way and took off from a light and just started short shifting up through the gears. About a block later I noticed all the on coming traffic pulling to the right and stopping. I looked back and there he was behind me. I looked down and I was at 45+ in a 30. I pulled over and got out my license. He came up and asked I why I was in a hurry. I told him about going in to work on my day off and the trip I should have been leaving on. He told me that he was suppose to be off but his replacement called in and was running late. He walked back to the car with my license to call it in and then I heard him cussing. He had locked himself out of the car. He gave me my license back and told me to slow down.

....he must've felt like a dumbass at that moment there lol
bad day for him.

ssky0078

Memorial day weekend my friend and I went to a pool party around 2 then went to dinner about 5 in North Scottsdale. We were on our way back down to South Scottsdale. I was feeling a little hooligan-ish and was coming off the line at about 1/4-1/2 throttle, restraining myself at about 55-60. After about 2 miles of this at each main intersection we came up to there was a cop crossing the street in front of us. Well there is one little section on this road that has a kind of S-curve (more like a squiggle but surface streets in Scottsdale are all straight). My friend and I get off the line pretty quick, I'm in the middle lane and come up on this blue Dodge Avenger, he's on the left, so I duck out to the right, swing in front of the Avenger, cutting him off going an indicated 65 in a 45 (it was probably more but that's what it said on the ticket, so we'll leave it at that). We come up at the next light and my friend goes to take his left and I go straight to keep going home. I come off the line hard again but only get up to like 50 and I notice the car next to me jam on his brakes hard. I look in my mirrors and the blue car was an unmarked PoPo.

I pull over into an apartment complex and he blocks me in of course. I look over my shoulder to look at him, and I have my noise canceling ear buds in. I gesture that I can't hear, and ask to take my helmet off. He is pissed. He tries the classic, can you tell me what you did wrong?, which I answer with my usual, no officer, why did you stop me? He gets more pissed and tells me he saw me and that other guy racing and he could arrest me right now. I am like, "What? I wasn't racing." He asked me next "What were you doing then?" I said my friend and I were at dinner and riding home, we may have got a little carried away but nobody was racing. He then says he wasn't able to get me on his radar but he had to speed up enough to catch me that I was probably criminally speeding too, and again how fast was I going. I told him I didn't know I was just riding. He asked if I knew he was following me, I tell him no. I then start telling him, "listen I apologize, I really was just getting a little too into it, I have 6 months to go for my last speeding ticket to go away and my insurance to drop, please, please don't." He tells me again that I'm racing and going to get a few tickets. As he's ducking his head in the car, I kind of just say again, come on man, I really didn't mean any harm and I apologize, I learned me lesson. He asked if I had been drinking and I told him yes around 3 was my last drink and it was around 7 when he had me pulled over. He tell me that he has to call a supervisor to do a DUI check.

Supervisor shows up, asks me to do some of the tests, which their first question is always "have you had a concussion recently?" which my reply was "Yes, I had one 5 months ago, I still have occasional headaches and dizziness from it." He proceeds to do the light in the eye test and stops there. The trick is if you make them aware of something such as a concussion that would prevent you from passing their field sobriety test, they can't use it in Court if it got that far. It becomes a huge headache for the cops.

I'm still waiting for the first guy to finish with the ticket. He finally comes back and gives me just a basic speeding ticket (thank you Almighty). He asks why was I going so fast again. I try to tell him I just got caught up in the moment and asked him if he rides. Here is the kicker, he tells me he is SPD moto-cop and he knows that you don't need to go fast to have a fun ride. I apologize profusely again, and he warns me that if I want to challenge the ticket in court, he has copious notes (i.e. he didn't actually get me on radar and he probably didn't have dash cam with speed).

All in all, other than the guy being pissed at the beginning telling me I was racing it wasn't that bad. I was really lucky he gave me the ticket he did and didn't cuff me on the spot.

ssky0078

Ya, the amazing Scottsdale PD....such a high crime area...unfortunately a lot of cops become one so they can circumvent the law and I have family to prove it.

A few years ago I checked in to it and Scottsdale PD has the highest/best ratio of police per capita (I think it would be the lowest population to police officer, or most police officers per population).

I've had mostly good experiences with them. However, they definitely need to generate revenue.

What's worse is AZ DPS (highway patrol). Those guys have an insane budget and waste so much. This is coming from a guy that works for them.

Where I live its unusual for a police officer to pull over a motorcycle. They figure it creates more danger for the rider. However depending on the cop you may be followed until its more safe to be pulled over. We also don't have any motorcycle cops either. I've had the "o sh**" moments when I blow buy a cop, I'll look in the mirror they won't move an inch.