thinking about selling.

cpatt

ok so im in a bit of a hard spot here. im thinking of selling but i cant find out what a good price is.
kbb says 4450 or somthing stupid like that
nada said from 6500-7500 if i remember right.

i cant find any forsale around me

but heres the specks
2011 fz8 10,000 miles
2 brothers carbon exhaust
after market levers
racing clutch and springs (barnet)
home made tidytail
tinted brake light with the blinkers in it.
brand new pilot power 3 tires front and rear

honestly id like to see 7000$ out of it. but im sure it will be on the low end of 6500...

cpatt

That. Or make it stock and trade it in on your new bike sell your goodies on the side to us good folks here

i dont have any stock parts :( hmm maybe im stuck with it then. witch isnt a bad thing i was just ready for a change... wanted my buell back lol

cpatt

I honestly only need 6 grand to pay off my loan. And brake evin... See what a stealership will give me and the. Try Craig's list

JSP

Administrator
I got I think $5600 or $5700 for my 2011 early this year out of riding season. You should be able to swing $6k or a little more I would say....

cpatt

welp i went to my local bike shop (central mass powersports in leominster ma) there not a yamaha dealer but he says 4500$ he didnt evin look at the bike. didnt ask mileage just looked in his little yellow book. ive never been happy with anything they do there. he pretty much didnt give me the time of day.... so off to craigslist. or if any one on here wants it my price that i would be happy with is 6548.

and id rather not part anything out.

xXAvroArrowXx

Dealer trying to low ball you. He didn't look at it bc he knows at $4500 he'll make a butt load off of reselling. Him be a Leech.

- Avro

2011 Yamaha FZ8
2009 Kawasaki ER-6n (SOLD)

JSP

Administrator
welp i went to my local bike shop (central mass powersports in leominster ma) there not a yamaha dealer but he says 4500$ he didnt evin look at the bike. didnt ask mileage just looked in his little yellow book. ive never been happy with anything they do there. he pretty much didnt give me the time of day.... so off to craigslist. or if any one on here wants it my price that i would be happy with is 6548.

and id rather not part anything out.

He has to re-sell it so he is only going to give you a "trade in" price. Which is crap.

Post up a for sale ad here. Put it on craigslist. Be positive and it will sell. ;)

rnvanquish

I'm also trying to sell my bike in the Southern California area. I have some similar mods as well. My bike has 9,850 miles, Pazzo Racing shorty levers, Rizoma mirrors, Rizoma handlebars, Two Bros. Black Series carbon fiber exhaust, Evotech TailTidy, and some lower profile aftermarket turn signals. I think a fair private-party price would be anywhere from $6,000-$6,500.

lothodon

Super Moderator
I can tell you that with the latest incentives you can get a brand new 2013 for around $6500 at a dealership if you know how to deal. Helps understand the low trade in offer. I pulled out $5300 for a trade as Yamaha is offering trade incentives right now too.

Remember, anything you get for a trade on a different bike (at a dealer) you don't pay sales tax on. It helps a little to think about the additional savings too.

I got (to me), $5591.50 for my 2011, and cycletrader and craigslist got me nothing but BOMBARDED with junk email, scam phone calls and endless bullshit text messages.