Thinking about a new icon Helm

jafolcke

I'm a big fan of ICON Helmets and other gear. Looking into getting a new headpiece. Have not yet decided on either the Airframe or the Variant. Depending on which style I'm really feeling. I like both looks. Better question is to get all black with black or mirror lens... OR all white with black/mirror lens.... What do all think would go best with a Matte FZ8? I wear mostly black gear...

White Airframe- Airframe Solid Gloss - White | Products | Ride Icon

Black Airframe- Airframe Solid Gloss - Black | Products | Ride Icon

White Variant- Variant Gloss - White | Products | Ride Icon

Black Variant- Variant Gloss - Black | Products | Ride Icon

lothodon

Super Moderator
I wear an ICON myself and quite like it, especially for the price. I'm a firm believer that IF you're going to wear a helmet for safety get one somebody can SEE. The less black the better for me.

JSP

Administrator
I'd go with black and black shield. I just like black. ;)

White will be better visible to other drivers though.

atx8

I bought an Icon alliance in silver. Great Price, look and fit. Its leaps and bounds better than my previous Bilt helm.

cambo

Avid Rider
dude, I love icon helmets. I think they look super rad. I had a Variant...i loved it. but I picked up an airframe and the airframe just fit my rounder face/head a little better. But I think the variant looks much cooler.

I have the icon airframe 'manic'.

jafolcke

Man oh man do I want the white variant now... I think that may be my final choice. I like to be seen by others on the road.

e11charlie

I would give my left testical for a Variant. Tried one on and fell in love. I'm poor white trash so I can't afford the expensive shit.

jafolcke

I would give my left testical for a Variant. Tried one on and fell in love. I'm poor white trash so I can't afford the expensive shit.

I was going to use the cash for a yosh 77D but I'd feel better being safe now vs forcing everyone else to hear me roar.

Martimusx

I got the variant etched and i love it. Takes some gettin used to on the highway but the badass factor is off the charts.

Martimusx

Its not too bad it just feels different than a normal helmet. It has a different wind profile i guess you could call it. Its like riding with you visor open. Absolutely cannot beat the look, just dont wear it in WV. Because its my look! Nah im just kiddin

cambo

Avid Rider
I got the variant etched and i love it. Takes some gettin used to on the highway but the badass factor is off the charts.

ha, nice jacket boss. I've got the same one. Love the fit...except I tore off all those patches. I'm too much of a noob. I NEED TO EARN MY PATCHES.