the gold things on the brake calipers

black8

Yes they are interchangable,
You can actually by a tool from a guy on ebay that removes the centres only, you could than get them re-anodised any colour you want.

Last edited:

dalco450

Here, in Canada, we have side reflectors in front too... I remove mine the second day because it's very ugly.

Last edited:
H

Hoover

Here, in Canada, we have side reflectors in front too... I remove mine the second day because it's very ugly.

I took mine off in the parking lot at the stealership before I rode it away. And all the stupid safety stickers.
My sales chick just stood and shook her head!

TundraTim

This is one part I want to replace since I PD'd my forks. I found the tool here. However, I have had zero luck with finding different colors sold standalone from the calipers. Does anybody have a source for these? I'm looking for regular silver.

ssky0078

This is one part I want to replace since I PD'd my forks. I found the tool here. However, I have had zero luck with finding different colors sold standalone from the calipers. Does anybody have a source for these? I'm looking for regular silver.

I'm sure you could just swap out the caliper assembly for $231 from parts shark with an Fz1's. It doesn't have replacement parts for that piece of hardware so I'm guessing it's all in one piece for a reason and if you damage it then you'll be buying a new caliper anyway.

Last edited:

master paper clip

I'm sure you could just swap out the caliper assembly for $231 from parts shark with an Fz1's. It doesn't have replacement parts for that piece of hardware so I'm guessing it's all in one piece for a reason and if you damage it then you'll be buying a new caliper anyway.

Or u an get them for less the 100$ on eBay some even have those parts painted different colors already

ssky0078

Or u an get them for less the 100$ on eBay some even have those parts painted different colors already

Probably true, but safety items like brakes and tires, I don't mess around with and stick to factory OEM parts. I put the difference of $130 compared to my life and $130 is not a big deal.

Last edited:

ramrod

That's the nice thing about the Mainland, there is no safety inspection like they have here so I leave mine on.

In fact, when I have to get my safety done again I need to put back my mirror's and front turn signals (no flush mounts).

master paper clip

Probably true, but safety items like brakes and tires, I don't mess around with and stick to factory OEM parts. I put the difference of $130 compared to my life, and that I can make $130 in about a half hour as not being worth going cheap on.

They are factory, there calipers from fz1 that people replaced with a better unit , and the gold pieces are designed to come out for when u do an overhaul on the caliper

slowkey

Thanks for the feed back. So at the end of the day might be easier to look at after market calipers in the colour I want.

Yeah safety is never pretty those are the only reflectors I left on the bike.

ssky0078

They are factory, there calipers from fz1 that people replaced with a better unit , and the gold pieces are designed to come out for when u do an overhaul on the caliper

I guess the strange thing is that they don't list that part seperately. The bolt that holds the caliper on is the only part listed there and otherwise they just sell the whole caliper assembly.

master paper clip

I guess the strange thing is that they don't list that part seperately. The bolt that holds the caliper on is the only part listed there and otherwise they just sell the whole caliper assembly.

Well I might have forgotten to mention I was told that by a dealer dude so not 100% sure on it