Thank you MSF guys/gals

ssky0078

Hi guys,

I just wanted to put a thank you out to all the MSF instructors on here. The skills you teach saved me again today.

As most of you know I've put 2 bikes down within 2 months as a new rider. The skills I learned in the MSF class definitely saved my life in the first crash and the second probably helped it from being worse than it could have been.

I was going for a quick ride to late lunch today because there was a break in the rain and the roads had dried up enough. I was cruising up the freeway and was preparing to move over to the exit lane and an FJ cruiser was in front of me merging over as well. He managed to drive square over what looked like a large cabinet door. Thankfully it only lifted up a little bit and didn't come flying up in my face. It slapped back down on the ground and I had no way to dodge, let alone think about it with the roads still a little moist after the recent rains. I did exactly as I was trained in the MSF BRC course. I got up on my pegs, got light on the handlebars, keep the throttle constant and blip the throttle as I hit. I made it safely over and kept on riding.

I know most of you MSF instructors do it for the love of riding and keeping as many fellow riders safe. I just wanted to let you know that with those skill today I didn't panic and stayed shiny side up.

Thank you and if you are ever in AZ the next round is on me. :cheers:

D

DJK1505

ITs good to hear you kept your head about you, and remembered your training. Most people panic, forget what they know to do, and lay the bike down. Good job on keeping your cool and getting over your obsticle.

DJ

n00b

Avid Rider
You did more than I do in that situation. In my head I say 'oh crap', pucker up, and do nothing as I run over it. LOL