Thank god for PPE

sumitkid123

Thank god for PPE W/ Pics

So me being stupid, i was a little intoxicated when i got the call. went out with some guys i work with. Went on a ride. Then we hit up an empty parking lot. They were trying wheelies. I let them try to get my bike up. They couldn't so i stepped in. I got it up bout 3 inches then right after got it up 8 inches. Once i came back down i went to stop and locked up the rear tire going 30MPH. I low sided and went for a nice slide as well as 2 rolls. I was wearing a joe rocket mesh jacket with armor, Fox leather with knuckle protected gloves, and off brand racing boots. As well as jeans ( want to get leather riding pants) I was wearing a helmet but my head never touched the ground so it didn't matter

My bike got some nice character adding scratches and is now leaking oil but im pretty OK. Just got 1 nice big scab on my left elbow and a nice half dolar size oozing scrape on my left knee. If i wasn't wearing race boots i would have broken my ankle. I stretched my Achilles tendon in my left ankle and it hurts nice and good.

Never under estimate Proper Protective Equipment AKA riding gear.

Last edited:
D

DJK1505

Damn that sux, a thousand dollar bike with a nice sprocket would have been a much better option to practice wheelies. I am a fanatic about ATGATT, all the gear all the time!!!! At least you were wearing your stuff.

Man and who gets on a bike a "little intoxicated" anyways. Besides those retard chopper and cruiser jacka**** that think they are the shit? These things are already dangerous, and throw in there your reaction time is depleted drastically, balance is compromised, vision is not 100%.

Well no broken bones, few bruises and scrapes to remind you of what not to do next time. There is always tomorrow, keep two wheels on the ground and dont drink and drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

DJK1505

I dont think the moral of this story is ATGATT....

TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the moral is you should only have three drinks before you practice wheelies with your buddies. Right? LMAO

V

Vapordan

I don't understand the elbow bruise with jacket body armor, what gives?

mckshred

I don't understand the elbow bruise with jacket body armor, what gives?

Easy, when you hit the ground, the arm moves inside the sleeve thus exposing the elbow. Has happened to me doing DH Mtn Biking.
OK - Stupid Post but I'm now at 99 with 1 to go to reach 100. :eek:

cambo

Avid Rider
I'm assuming you're military from your use of the "PPE" acronym as well as the Schoefield Barracks (I've got a buddy stationed there) listing under your name.

haha dude, assuming you're military, admitting to being intoxicated while doing anything is the LAST thing you want to do! Quickest way to get stripes yanked and career shot in the foot with a double barrel sawed off shotgun. Trust me I've seen it wayyyy too often. Hopefully no one else in your chain rides an FZ8 and belongs to this forum!

Funny story. Completely unrelated but I thought I'd share. I was in Korea when and where this happened (Osan AB). These idiots decided they were going to partake in some "Spice". They were having a party in their dorm room and spice seemed like the logical thing to do I guess. For those that don't know, spice is one of the 'newer' drugs most recently banned in the service that's akin to the likes of pot, weed, etc. Had these guys consumed the spice and that's it...they might've gotten away with it. But for whatever reason, they decided to get it all on camera. Well, the idiot with the camera, decided to leave it in one of the base taxi cabs. That camera was found and turned into the base police, and, as you can imagine, their military careers were over in a heartbeat.

Anyway, I digress. Glad you're alright. Stay safe brotha.

Who wants to hear the story of the male MSgt that punched the female JAG officer in the face?

If this post gets 5 thanks I'll tell it. hahhahahah

pigdog

road rash. keep it clean. when it heals you can get a tattoo to hide the scar. i know how it hurts. to get back up & see your bike laying down hurts more. glad you're ok. oh ya, army vet 67 to 70. i turned 21 when i got out. my mos was 63h20 (heavy equipment, wheeled & tracked vehicle mechanic)

Bajaedition

I'm assuming you're military from your use of the "PPE" acronym
PPE is industry wide in the construction business and is catching on in manufacturing.
I think we are becoming more and more aware of the need to protect ourselves.

oh, great post

and thanks for admitting you were buzzed, because That shows how stupid you were for even picking up the keys

Rotaryknight

I would never drink and ride right away, thats the worse. It takes atleast 72 ounces of beer to get me buzzed, and when I do get buzzed I wait atleast half an hour minimum and it is gone.

I really need to buy some jeans and a pair of riding boots. I hate wearing jeans though. I normally wear dickies when going to work, or if I am casually riding just some cargo pants. I dont even want to think of what will happen when I do fall on cargo pants...

cambo

Avid Rider
I would never drink and ride right away, thats the worse. It takes atleast 72 ounces of beer to get me buzzed, and when I do get buzzed I wait atleast half an hour minimum and it is gone.

I really need to buy some jeans and a pair of riding boots. I hate wearing jeans though. I normally wear dickies when going to work, or if I am casually riding just some cargo pants. I dont even want to think of what will happen when I do fall on cargo pants...

AGVSport Excursion Kevlar Cargo Pants

There you go ;)

e11charlie

Call me an ******* but no sympathy for you. Last night got sideswiped by a drunk bitch. Had I not had the cage on my bike my leg would have been torn up. She went to jail and I will get a new cage. I'm sure ill get flamed for the next portion. Trying to hide what seems like bragging in a good thing I was wearing gear thread kind of seems shitty. Kind of drunk? It only takes kind of drunk to kill someone. No I have never driven or ridden drunk even 8 years in the military.

cambo

Avid Rider
Call me an ******* but no sympathy for you. Last night got sideswiped by a drunk bitch. Had I not had the cage on my bike my leg would have been torn up. She went to jail and I will get a new cage. I'm sure ill get flamed for the next portion. Trying to hide what seems like bragging in a good thing I was wearing gear thread kind of seems shitty. Kind of drunk? It only takes kind of drunk to kill someone. No I have never driven or ridden drunk even 8 years in the military.

damn dude, what a ****...sorry to hear that...but glad to hear you're alright. fackin drunk drivers man...I swear to God...I hope I never cross paths with one. I guarantee you I'll be going to jail after I'm done with them

Bajaedition

no flaming from me

I will agree

Drinking and driving is sqiudo stuff and for losers