Teknic chicane boots - DO NOT BUY

DLSGAP

After 3 weeks of commuting, not even hard riding, just 3 weeks of commuting ... one of the boots is broken. The shank and piece immediately under the insole covering it are both plastic and are broken, cutting into the insole and pressing into my foot...

Obviously a warranty issue / defect.

Motorcycle Superstore says they have to ship it to the manufacturer and it will take 6 to 8 weeks for then to be returned repaired or replaced. Im sorry but that's bullshit and I don't want a repair or another pair. I want a refund or credit to a pair of boots that aren't a piece of shit. Im going to make one more call to get it resolved. If their customer service is as non existent as when I spoke to them earlier, theyre getting blasted on all of the 50 or so messages boards I'm on...

And when I asked if I was just supposed to not have boots for two months, I was told, "yeah I guess so "

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
contact teknic directly with pics. they will respond quicker than a reseller as they are the ones with the name to protect.

DLSGAP

Already called the us distributor for teknic... left a message for a call back. Called MC Superstore again and got a different rep. Told her my issue. She was much friendlier and said no problem... directed me to the website for the return forms. Said a refund was no problem. Guess the lady I talked to before was just having a crap day, but boy was I pissed. Guess I'll be commuting in my running shoes til I get a different pair

DLSGAP

Ok... got some diadoras on the way. I was very happy with my last pair from diadora so hopefully these will fit and last just as long

C

Camo

I found Diadoras cheap and unable to break in... Just the wrong shape for my big hoof I'd say.
I know I crap on about these boots alot but they're a cheap do it all that works and are comfortable as well...Alpinestars S-MX 5's. They retail for around 250-260 but you'll find them on sale for way less.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i wish like hell you (anyone) could still get setup boots. "budget" line by sidi and i've had mine for so many years and they still look new (when i clean them).

good luck finding something good!

DLSGAP

I had a pair of setup boots for a while... but a ground clearance issue at deals gap rendered them un-useable in 2007. I have an oddly shaped foot and the alpinestars don't fit me right. The way out of budget sidi that's fully adjustable can be made to fit but still isn't quite right. Hoping the new diadoras are as hood as the ones I used to have. Still waiting for competition accessories to ship them so im hoping I won't be waiting too long since im using the bike as my primary transportation