Tail Tidy Question..

DSmith

So I have a love/hate relationship with my stock rear fender.

I love the fact that it keeps a mud pinstripe from appearing on my back every time i ride in the wet. And I do ride in the wet alot.

But I hate how bulky and ugly it is. It looks like a snow shovel on the back of my bike.

Is there an aftermarket tail tidy that still sticks out a little past the rear end? Im not a fan of the hidden plate look at all and I want something that still functions as a rear fender in wet weather. Does this even exist for our 8s?

And on an unrelated topic, does anyone have these LED signals? If so how are they?
Motorcycle Model Zero LED Super Bright Turn Signals Indicators Black x 2 | eBay

Thanks guys

07cobaltLScoupe

i have an Evotech Performance FE and i like it, easy install, very stable, and it re-uses the stock signals to match the front (unless you want to change them anyway). not the cheapest out there but i'm very happy. never really rode in rain but i don't foresee any issues

this is the best pic i have to show where it puts the plate and signals

DSmith

I like how the plate sticks out a lil bit, would probly catch some of the muck from flinging up on the bike.

Woody146

Banned
Mine is custom..but awesome...my buddy bent a piece of aluminum to 90degrees..put 4 holes and bolted it up...I then bought a Lockhart Philips license plate frame with has built in led turn signals...and got a pair of led lights that are license plate bolts and got it all wired up..total cost was $50 (25 for frame and 25 for bolt lights) never had too much sprayed on me..cops don't hassle either.

DSmith

thats pretty sweet. i have some aluminum sign blanks at work. i should try messin with some of those

Woody146

Banned
Just use old fender for the 4 bolt holes...if you match em up right....there are already holes in the bottom rear fender.

DSmith

ill have to wait till spring to start playing with it. bikes burried in my buddies garage for the winter

Woody146

Banned
yessir. some good riding when its warm out though. always wanted to go riding out in cali.

Awesome! Aw man it's too nice out here...hills and straights for days...was 70 today...only place I've ridden where you can go from the forest to the beach in a split second..it's worth a trip....with your bike!

DSmith

Awesome! Aw man it's too nice out here...hills and straights for days...was 70 today...only place I've ridden where you can go from the forest to the beach in a split second..it's worth a trip....with your bike!

Only 3,100 miles. If I leave now i can make it there by March haha. I was lookin into flying out there and renting something. Any recomendations on places to stay/ride and places to rent bikes?

Woody146

Banned
Hahah...I've always wondered about shipping my bike somewhere...I've always wanted to ride in other states...but with MY bike! Lol....the whole state of California is good to ride in! Beach and forest down the whole coastline...I've only ridden around in norcal because all my buddies with bikes have either crashed em or sold them! As to renting a motorcycle....I'm not too sure about that...all the dealerships I've been too would not even let me test ride a bike..(including mine) so as far as renting....no clue.