Tail tidy installation - plate led wiring

Vhutchinson

Hey guys ,

I picked up a tail tidy on ebay with led lighting for the plate. When installing it where do I connect the wires for the plate lighting ? Its a cycle machine works tail tidy . Thanks in advance guys

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

Keach

I'm installing led plate lights later this week (once they arrive). I think the wires for the original plate light unplug under the metal brace that the front seat is secured to. I think you can get a bullet splice from the hardware store and plug the led wires into the old plate light wires to avoid cutting anything assuming the plate light wires that come with the tail tidy are long enough. My stuff should be here Friday. I can take some pictures for you if you can't find what you need.

Vhutchinson

I'm installing led plate lights later this week (once they arrive). I think the wires for the original plate light unplug under the metal brace that the front seat is secured to. I think you can get a bullet splice from the hardware store and plug the led wires into the old plate light wires to avoid cutting anything assuming the plate light wires that come with the tail tidy are long enough. My stuff should be here Friday. I can take some pictures for you if you can't find what you need.

Great ! Thanks for the reply. I wasnt 100 % sure what the best way was. If you dont mind posting pics I would appreciate it !

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

Keach

So I got my led bolts sooner than I thought...too bad after installing I found out one of them doesn't work...Anyway I made my own fender eliminator therefore had two open bolt holes where the fender used to mount. I put the bolt lights into there and hand tightened the nuts with a socket (no wrench). I then connected both red wires with the bullet splice and both black wires with a bullet splice. Then plug the black into the black, and the red into the gray where the factory plate light disconnects. Would have been done in 10 minutes, but now I'm waiting to find out how to get the second bolt led replaced by the amazon seller. Hope he will just send me another one. My tail is off because I was installing a motodynamic taillight, but I think you should be able to find and install the leds with the tail together. The factory plate light connections (I'm pointing to them in the last picture) are under the metal plate your front seat gets attached to.