tail bags etc

bobbyb

Guys, I'm planning a ride to Minnesota this summer, about 8-9 hrs. form Ontario. What tail bag/ luggage are you using? I'm travelling light, have a place to stay.
B

lyric911

I have the Givi t489 tank bag, Nelson rigg cl-950 saddle bags, and Nelson Rigg cl-1040 tail bag. I would absolutely recommend them all.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
The first luggage combo i got was the Corbin Sport bags, fit was good , looked O.K, but zippers kept coming apart.

The set i have now and really like are the Blaze Sport side bags with the bars that hold the bag outaway from the tire and nice and solid on the bike. Saddle bags are expandable and good quality. The tail bag is my indestructable Ogio bag, very good quality and mounts really clean, no visible straps.

Below is a picture of how i loaded a week after i got the bike, it was a sunny September day, knowing camping season was coming to a close, i told my wife i was leaving work and going riding/camping, back in 2 days. Rode home threw a tent, sleeping bag ,roll up mattress, and bag of clothes and a pillow(afterthought) , as you see it hanging on the back.:eek: Great times.

Last edited:

AcidRaiN

I've been thinking about a tail bag also. But I'm wanting something that I can leave on the bike and when I'm not using it, it folds up. I guess what I mean is something that when empty, I can cinch the straps down and its not very tall and not that noticeable. I'd like something that can fit my workshirt and my lunch in, maybe a few groceries on the way home from work.

Thanks!

V

Vapordan

The first luggage combo i got was the Corbin Sport bags, fit was good , looked O.K, but zippers kept coming apart.

The set i have now and really like are the Blaze Sport side bags with the bars that hold the bag outaway from the tire and nice and solid on the bike. Saddle bags are expandable and good quality. The tail bag is my indestructable Ogio bag, very good quality and mounts really clean, no visible straps.

Below is a picture of how i loaded a week after i got the bike, it was a sunny September day, knowing camping season was coming to a close, i told my wife i was leaving work and going riding/camping, back in 2 days. Rode home threw a tent, sleeping bag ,roll up mattress, and bag of clothes and a pillow(afterthought) , as you see it hanging on the back.:eek: Great times.

I'm not being sarcastic, this is a serious question. I've never really camped before. Do you just find a spot in the bush and set up shop? What about accomodations? Wild animals. Scary things in the night? Do you pack heat for those times when bad people come knocking?

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Not many people pack "heat" in Canada. Camped in the woods all my life, part of living here in the mountains of B.C. . You can find a good spot by a creek or small lake, pitch a tent, cook over a fire, and ride during the day. You can also go to provincial campgrounds that have bathrooms, and firepits, designated camp spots ,ect. Wild animals attacks are not all that common, there are cougers and bears here but they are more fearful of us (usually). Lots of other wildlife to watch, Elk, coyotes,Deer, Moose, Raccons, a few wolves( making a comeback), Linx, Bobcat. Try it sometime, you will like it. If you want to haul your bike to a campsite and have a roof, TV, stove, cozy bed, after a good days ride you can get something like this below

Viper6117

What is the model of your Ogio bag? That is exactly what I am looking for!

rnvanquish

I really like my Kriega bag. It looks neat and is super high-quality. They make a variety of sizes and styles. I personally have the US-10 which is their smallest bag and it easily fits a pair of shoes, a change or two of clothes, a toiletries bag, and a bottle of water.

Viper6117

i ended up getting the ogio stealth bag. i believe that is the one that Black Widow has in the pictures. install was very easy, hides away under the seat. when it is unhooked it just has 4 buckles that can be seen poking out from under the seat. matches the bike well, strongly recommended. i'll post some pictures soon.

decooney

Trying a Kriega US20 / US10 combo stack on the tail. For added overnight space, I also picked up the US20 backpack. We'll see, I'm trying it all this weekend for a 3-day trip to MotoGP and back. The bags are only to transport my overnight stuff there and back. Once these bags are cinched down, they don't seem to move much.

For each day trip out, I picked up the smaller Cortech 8L magnetic tank back, and love it! Much better than trying to use the Kriega tank adapter and US10 bag. I sent my Kriega tank adapter back and like this Cortech magnetic back much more. Pick it up and go, no straps. Easy for refueling too. It first perfect on the FZ8 tank. I like the Cortech much better than the Yamaha bag with straps that does not fit well and covers the air intake which makes no sense to me.

charris247

I use Coocase and a backpack for longer trips. I actually saw someone selling the Alu Rack that a number of top case mount to on here a few days ago. My Coocase is 35 liters but Coocase, Givi, Shad, etc all sell bigger ones. I even have power going to it so I can charge my stuff while I ride.

Here are two old pics with the case and rack and a new pic with just the rack.