Tail bag

scrape

I know it's probably been answered more than once, but I'm trying to find a solution that makes it more comfortable for a passenger. Thinking tail bag with a back rest. I've been looking at the Givi Website and just getting more confused the more time I spend on it. SW Motech's is no better. I can't tell exactly what hardware is necessary to do what I want.

Also, is there another solution that I just haven't considered? I don't necessarily need storage at this point, just more security for her.

Obviously, the solution that replaces the rear seat isn't an option, although it does look pretty nice for solo touring.

Thanks!

scrape

Well, got someone from Givi on the phone today and apparently what's needed is a 366FZ kit - the monorack sidearms:
FZ-8 '11-13' : 366FZ - MONORACK SIDEARMS

with the appropriate adapter - either the MM or the M5M - and whatever case and accessories.

BUT, they have no sidearms in stock, nor could they point me to any online retailers that might have them.

So, there is no Givi solution at the present. I've looked at the SW-Motech kit and don't really like it as much as it seems to hide the taillight a bit.

Are there ANY other options available or do I just forget about this and setup a different bike for riding two up?

Grab handles aren't really what I'm looking for, but thanks for the suggestion above.

TorontoAlex

Look no further than yamaha! They have all you need. Grab bars + 39 or 46liter trunk with seat is about $600. Looks better than the ugly givi rack. Trunk can be mounted with the pushof a button.

reALIGNed

Here is a nice set up for you.........but keep in mind, I don't think these types of tail trunks are intended for a passenger to fully lean up against...its just to support the trunk and its contents. If your looking at decking out your FZ8 for long road trips, with a passenger, then I would consider a different machine, one that's made for sport touring.

YamahaGenuineParts.com: FZ8 Rear Luggage Rack and Top Case

chodatus

Here is a nice set up for you.........but keep in mind, I don't think these types of tail trunks are intended for a passenger to fully lean up against...its just to support the trunk and its contents. If your looking at decking out your FZ8 for long road trips, with a passenger, then I would consider a different machine, one that's made for sport touring.

YamahaGenuineParts.com: FZ8 Rear Luggage Rack and Top Case

LOL that picture is of my bike, the dealer took that picture while I was standing next to him, said he needed a photo of the set-up for their website. Didn't know it was going to be for Yamaha's website. So weird.