Syncing the Throttle bodies

RoadKill

I did mine. It's a fairly easy task, chapter 3 page 9 of the service manual covers it pretty well. The hardest part was finding and disconnecting the vacuum hoses for TB's 1 & 3, it was buried and very hard to reach. I rerouted the hoses after I finished so they'll be easier to get ahold of next time. Throttle body sync hoses 1 & 3 connect to a common hose joint and 2 & 4 connect to a common joint.

Well i sync'ed my carb's just now and it was not as hard as i thought it would be. The pictures helped a lot.

To help clear any confusion up i will add that the black "joints" in the picture are NOT hollow and are just blocks that 2 carbs share 1&3 and 2&4.

My carbs were pretty much in sync and i really just barely adjusted 2 to make them perfect. 12k miles.

DanS

Commuter
Well i sync'ed my carb's just now and it was not as hard as i thought it would be. The pictures helped a lot.

To help clear any confusion up i will add that the black "joints" in the picture are NOT hollow and are just blocks that 2 carbs share 1&3 and 2&4.

My carbs were pretty much in sync and i really just barely adjusted 2 to make them perfect. 12k miles.
Right on RoadKill! Yeah it's a pretty simple adjustment the only struggle I had was getting my hand on the hoses coming off the 1 & 3 TB's to separate them. You're right about the hose joints not being hollow, I should have of mentioned that. Mine were all within the specified limit but syncing them to exact sure seemed to make things smoother.

RoadKill

yeah DanS, i was thinking about extending the hoses to make access easier next time. i was trying to get my hands in that cramped space and at the same time being really careful not to pull on the hose so much that it would come unplugged from the TB.

cambo

Avid Rider
my manometer finally came in, but I'm I'm going to wait for a quieter pipe I ordered to do the sync as I couldn't stand trying to perform the sync with this g'damn can going off in my ear.

I'll get the entire thing on video too. excited to try it out!