SW Motech Blaze Bags and Slip-On Exhaust Possible?

AshAus

I recently bought the SW Motech Blaze Bags (which have been great BTW) but I'm also considering getting a slip-on exhaust - currently the Yoshi pipe.

Does anyone know whether the two are compatible? I'm worried that the pipe may be longer than stock and potentially touch or vent too much onto the bag. :confused:

So if you have the yoshi pipe, is it longer than stock when mounted? Or if you have the bags and a slip-on is it all good?

Appreciate any advice or experience anyone may have.

stormin1

Bags

Mo Tech Blaze Bags did you get them MCAS?Looking for something to use that are not attached all the time.

AshAus

I ordered them from motorradgarage.com.au - very fast delivery, they cost $400 delivered. Quite reasonable when you take into account that that included shipping. Some places charge a ridiculous amount... such as MCAS.

AshAus

Awesome, thanks for that, I can now put an order in for the exhaust. Are you happy with it - I also like the look of the 77D but can't decide.

tzortn

Pillion
This is slightly off topic, but do the Blaze bags sit far enough apart to clear your tail lights?

I have Nelson Riggs bags and with the fender eliminator in place the bags squeeze the lights. Since they are on rubber mounts it has not been much of a problem. I have always like the security of the Blaze bags but not the price. IF they clear the lights better it might be one more reason to pick up a set.

Back on track:
AshAus I have a Yoshimura on my 2012 and I am really happy with it. It looks great and had a nice tome without sounding obnoxious.

bpassmore8

Awesome, thanks for that, I can now put an order in for the exhaust. Are you happy with it - I also like the look of the 77D but can't decide.

I am really happy with the sound. I don't have the baffle in. To me it is plenty loud and doesn't need to be any louder under acceleration. Idle is pretty quiet which I like. I watched every youtube video about fz8 exhaust before deciding on that one

AshAus

> TZORTN: This is slightly off topic, but do the Blaze bags sit far enough apart to clear your tail lights?

I have an R&G Fender Eliminator and the Yamaha LED's - the bags do not touch the indicator lights at all. Prior to getting the LED's the bags did, very slightly, touch the bags - but the bags lower supports pretty muck kept them clearly away from the lights.

I really love the bags and I dont want to give them up. The only downside I can see is the bags may obstruct other drivers view of the rear indicator lights if the are driving close to my bike in the next lane (at night I think it will be fine as they are very very bright).

I don't have any photos at the moment, but I can take some tonight to show you the gap etc.