Suspension upgrade

These bikes have a down graded R1 engine in them. From what I have been reading you will need the R1 pistons, rings, and cam. I believe the fuel system will not need any upgrades. After that you should be able to tune the bike with the PCV, this should make you roughly around 150hp, you should def not need any more than that. This is prob a much cheaper way to keep the looks of the bike, but get you the power you are looking for.

DJ

has anyone looked further into this?

lyric911

has anyone looked further into this?

The R1 pistons won't fit. The FZ8 engine is based off of the FZ1 engine, but with a smaller bore.

The R1 is 71mm x 58mm.
The FZ1 is 77mm x 53.6mm.
The FZ8 is 68mm x 53.6mm.

Last edited:

impostor1981

I think if you want more power just buy second hand FZ1 engine, put R1 throttle bodies and I am thinking if FZ1 engine has 5 or 4 valves per cylinder??
If four you may want to put cam shaft from FZ8 to the FZ1 engine as it is lighter and engine revs up quicker.
You can also modify airbox and have a custom map added.

Friend of mine just finished with his R1 and what he had done was the airbox mod, plained engine head, put thinner seal between head and block, put in custom camshaft and got custom map.
The result 168 WHP yes wheel horse power. It may sound not much but this R1 stock has got something less than 150 WHP if that.
He spent about 800 pound on that mods and gained about 20 WHPs