Suspension question

e11charlie

Does anyone know what weight the preload tics on the rear suspension are rated at? Meaning what is the lowest setting reccommended weight etc?

F

Fazed

All I know is that the highest setting is not good enough for 110kgs. Read this link for how to set up your preload correctly.

Motorcycle Suspension Guide

But as a rough guide the rear end should drop no more than 30mm when you sit on it with all your gear on.

I will do guide to how adjust the preload on the front forks some time in the future when I get some race tech springs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Fazed, i bet after you stiffen up the front you will shave a tenth off your E.T. Look forward to your review of better front end. Not that i will be dropping any more $$ into my 8, but others are sure to benefit from better suspension.

F

Fazed

I have considered the R1 fork swap, but the front end on this bike isn't too bad. I could imagine that if I weighed around 70kgs, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It just dives too much under braking, which with a front spring matched to my weight and correct preload will solve.

The rear end has too little rebound damping and is heavily under sprung for my weight. It seems like a very odd mix. My priority for improving the suspension would go to the rear end. I have thought about just replacing the spring but that won't make the rebound problem go away. I will be getting an FZ1 shock soon, thanks to Camo, so I'll be able to give my opinion on it soon. I seem to get all of Camo's unwanted bits :)