Suggestions & reviews on exhaust

Hi guys, just got my fz8 and looking into changing from my stock exhaust. Considering into yoshimura r77. Any suggestions guys? Thanks for ya help..

elim70

Well I have the danmoto jisu slip on. Price can't be beat. No issues with fit and installation. Personally I love the sound and most of all I think it looks like it "belongs" on the bike. As far as hp gain or loss I didn't notice either, but there was a recent post where someone dynoed stock then with the can and got like a 2 hp increase. This jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a-rode

I have the DanMoto Jisu as well and love the way it looks and sounds. Yes there is a minor HP gain to be had (or at least no loss) but it is a great pipe. At $150 its a steal!

Picture here
http://imgur.com/vy01mMg

Last edited:

Sledneck

I currently have a coffman exhaust. I like it. Kinda feeling like a change thouhj to maybe a full graves exhaust. Hard to tell the differences on youtube from all these exhausts. I want something deep and throaty but also loud. so im not sure

9 Lives

Started with a DM Carbon GP. Did not like it at all, way to loud for me, springs kept falling off/breaking, the clamp was cheap, hard to install and did not include the right length of bolt. Gave it away and bought a Yoshi R77D, very happy with it. The install was easy, and had all the right parts right out of the box. The sound is just right for me, not too loud but gives a nice bark when you let er rip. The difference in quality and design between the DM and Yoshi is night and day, you really get what you pay for when it comes to slip on mufflers.

Last edited:

Mta1981

The two brothers carbon fiber black series does sound sexy. Nice low tone on the snap and sounds clean hitting gears. A little loud but they make a db killer, which hopefully would let the intake sound audible again. I really fell in love with the fz8's intake sound after 6k rpm:-D

Last edited:

Mr. Man

I have the Two Brothers Carbon on mine. I love it! Super easy install (like most slip ons). I read reviews of it being too loud before purchasing too, but it hasn't been an issue to me whatsoever. I always knew I could get a Db killer if it became too obnoxious. I've never seen (heard) a need to have it. The look is just as good as the sound. Good luck with your decision!

Perron

My exhaust is from Extremeblaster. The name sound ricey but the sound is actually very good. Not too loud, but "mean". I posted a video somewhere, just look in my posts.

Yoshi r77 has a great sound but a great price tag too, this is why I went with Extremeblaster. If you got lot of $$$ to spend on the exhaust, I would say go for the yoshi

Mta1981

if ya gonna spend the money buy a graves

Is it worth it? Once you go full system, is getting a pcv/auto tune/ecu flash/ais block mandatory? Could I just get the full system only? I know I wouldn't be getting the most out of the exhaust but all that stuff is mega $$. I'm really in it just for the sound. And also the the graves full system is advertised for the '11-'12 bikes, does it fit a '13?:bs2:

cmurder

Pillion
yes, and no you don't have to do any mods ,get the ecu flashed by Turbo Joe and all will be well in da world , and yes it will fit 2013

Bagman

I have an FZ8 Fazer in blue. Given that I like the theme of blue & black with gold accents, I think these exhausts look awesome on the bike:

1) Yosh R77-D or R77 (carbon)
2) Mivv SUONO (black finish)
3) Vance & Hines CS-ONE Blackout
4) GPR Furore

I went with the R77-D. If the CF finish on the can goes for shit, I'll probably try MIVV or V&H.

Ripemup

Had the R-77D slip on and it was good, then I lost it (doh!) when I switched back to the oem for a longer ride. Now have ordered full graves (in for a penny, in for a pound) to try and kill that darn flat spot. Just got off the track and felt good except lower-mid rpms...the graves looks good too, which doesn't hurt.

Bill

Have the yoshimura R77 ITS AWESOME the sound and performance is unbeatable , easy to slip on , and is of obvious of great quality ,
don't think you can beat them , all carbon , mmmmm nice.

Cyclone85

I have a Leo Vince titanium that's sounds spectacular at all RPMs. The titanium looks great and it complements the dark/matte features of the 2012 model. A little pricey.... but I think it is worth it.

Wheelie Kings1

I got the two bros carbon fiber and I love it, a friend of mine has the r77 and it's kinda raspy, check out the vans and hines, heard it on a trade in at local Yamaha shop and I likes it