Stupid FN Squids!

mano1192

Stopped this morning at a light next to a GSXR750, talked to the guy and asked about his bike and complemented him on it as it was all tricked out, then he asked me.

I was like its a FZ8, he says "oh a cruiser", I said "its pretty sporty, handles really nice", and this :tool: says "its no sportsbike".... I said "lets find out" and flipped my lid down.

This spine protector over tangtop, shorts and sneaker wearing :squid: starts redlining his engine all leaning forward like hes Rossi or some shit!

Light went green by the time I hit 4th gear at around a buck 7 I look in my bar ends and the squid is 15 car lengths behind me :rof:

fuckin love this bike! Best part was I could see his light bouncning up and down when he was granny shifting, cmon man if your gunna talk shit and try to race someone at least know how to powershift. I love it...

SpunkyTheTuna

Let me surreptitiously high-five your irresponsible, law violating, outlaw road racer butt before the official landslide of disapproval arrives. :rockon:

IBTL

lothodon

Super Moderator
there are time, like this exactly, that a 'minor' law violation should be allowed. my "non-sportbike" had to prove it's true colors once so far to a sports car. that of course wasn't even an effort but it had to be done.

kudos!!!

i also approve!!! but the fz8 did get spanked by a ford mustang gt500kr pushing 950hp but i did give it my best shot! sorry for the let down!

ZIA_Zen

Most Bikers think a machine has to have fairings to be a sport bike. I'm sure Mr GSX went straight home to google "FZ8" for his second lesson of the day.

Mano... I condone your lawless behavior.

Spike82

almost the same happened to me but, next to me there was a r6 ... he passed me at full speed, then let me pass him after a km, after a while again, but the third time, when he try to pass me again, i got down 2 gear, let my front wheel go up a little and loose him ... he never reached me since i close the gas to turn...

Crazywb23

GOOD JOB

I got it out here as well. Every smuck is on a cbr6, gxsr 750, or a hardley ableson thinkin there bikes the @#$%. I got no problem crackin the throttle on anyone who thinks our bikes just a cruiser. The harley rider are the worst, they get so indignant when you dust them on a bike with half the displacement and two more cylinders than them.:welcome:

C

calscrazy

we put together a company ride here. 10 cruisers (harleys,hondas, etc.), 1 goldwing, 1 hornet, and my fz8. needless to say they all learned what the fz8 was capable of when we hit the twisties. told them we would meet at each stop sign. i was left waiting for awhile for them to catch up.
same thing happened on my hill country trip except this time it was abunch of ducs left wondering where i went. only two could keep up, a 999 and a paul smart. three monsters ( two 900's and an s4rs) and a 848 were wondering where we went.
i have learned that it's not all about the bike. had a track day instructor dust me up in a bad way on a freaking ninja 500. got a little cocky about my skills on my supersport. yes it was embarrassing but it was cool to watch the video also.

Speedo007

Exactly it aint all about the bike. Put the same rider on the GSX750 and FZ8, and pretty sure the 750 comes out on top (it's really powerful for a 750, as long as you keep it in the fun zone, If I remember well it has over 140HP). Just proves many just want the looks of a sports bike without knowing how to ride it. I'm sure he returned home all humbled hehe

mano1192

you said it, I bet a great rider on a 250 could spank me on the track with the FZ8, its more skills then power.

This has been a fun thread, but please everyone stay safe out there, its getting colder and with the wet leaves and bad weather around the corner its time to be very conservative on the road..... unless someone calls your FZ8 a cruiser, then you'll get a pass from me :)

950 hp?

I'm assuming that was a typo.

:confused:

nope no typo the car is known as the "super snake" comes with 750hp i believe it comes in at around $100,000 cdn then he dropped i dont know how much into it and i dont know how many dyno runs!! but at the end of the day its still a mustang! and no matter how much money he spends it will never be as sweet as an fz8

C

calscrazy

the GT500SS is one bad boy. work for a ford dealer and i can tell you they are very nice. i believe the '11 you can get with 800hp. the biggest upgrades are the supercharger, cooling and suspension. everything else is bells and whistles.

build your own here
http://www.shelbyamerican.com/buildone/2011ss-exterior.asp

Last edited by a moderator:

pigdog

fz8 is 1/10 sec slower from 0-60 than the fastest car in the world 70mph 1st gear 3.4 seconds, 2nd, 91mph. 100/i forget. you tell me.