Stolen FZ8!!

n8kdfz8

Well I dont ever want that to happen to me! So I was wondering if anyone had installed a two way alarm system on their bike? Is it any good? What's a good brand?:confused: And as for a remote start integrated system, which seems cool and all to help warm bike from house before I get to it, I hear that the system can potentially be bypassed making it easier for a thief to start bike up and ride away!:( Anyways I'm only interested in a two way alarm system that way the remote can notify me that my bike is being tampered with while im in work! Because it'll be a long walk home!

Thx all for visiting!:D:eek: And BTW I do have a Kryptonic lock for my brake rotor to help.

master paper clip

Well I dont ever want that to happen to me! So I was wondering if anyone had installed a two way alarm system on their bike? Is it any good? What's a good brand?:confused: And as for a remote start integrated system, which seems cool and all to help warm bike from house before I get to it, I hear that the system can potentially be bypassed making it easier for a thief to start bike up and ride away!:( Anyways I'm only interested in a two way alarm system that way the remote can notify me that my bike is being tampered with while im in work! Because it'll be a long walk home!

Thx all for visiting!:D:eek: And BTW I do have a Kryptonic lock for my brake rotor to help.

Been working in the auto industry for a while and it's my personal experience that, if it didnt come from the factory with an alarm or remote start then don't put it on espically the remote start crap, cause when it goes bad an can almost guarantee its gonna happen you gonna regret it, the alarm isn't so bad but every one iv known with bike alarms hated them cause they go off constantly for no reason, person walks by alarms goes off, car pulls up nex to it. Alarm goes off

JSP

Administrator
I dont worry about alarms. Any decent thief will have the bike long gone before you ever noticed. Invest in good insurance.

H

Hoover

Install a tracker. When it gets stolen, you can follow it on line.

rail

yeah insurance is the only assurance. I should really invest in something like brake and lever locks... at least make it a PITA for thiefs

JSP

Administrator
yeah insurance is the only assurance. I should really invest in something like brake and lever locks... at least make it a PITA for thiefs

Most thieves never even push the bike away. Simply have a couple guys, lift and toss into the bed of a truck or van and gone. Will worry about any locks, etc after the fact. They have all the time they need at that point. Physically chaining the actual bike to something may slow them down, but only for a few seconds ;)

You would be surprised at how much noise can be made without anyone noticing or giving a damn. People were out in public parking lots with electric saws chopping off everyones catalytic converters and got away scott free.