Starting with COLD engine

Speedo007

My bike is stored in my shed for winter. Today I installed the battery back in the bike and started it (I like to do it once or twice during winter just to get the oil flowing). It was about -5C and hadn't been started for about 2 months. Started without any hesitation at all...was quite surprised...and now after hearing it run I just can't wait for Spring to ride again :)

K-Gr.

Mine also has a few thousand miles on the odo. Went to garage yesterday (yes, its freezing cold...) and id started almost like with a warm engine. So - i don't see any issues here.

Künstler

Last sunday I started mine after 4 weeks without any problem,and it was cold about -5,..:)
Just pushed the start button,and engine runs....I remember my old TDM850...:(....I must spent at least 10 minutes to start it.

H

Hoover

My bike is stored in my shed for winter. Today I installed the battery back in the bike and started it (I like to do it once or twice during winter just to get the oil flowing). It was about -5C and hadn't been started for about 2 months. Started without any hesitation at all...was quite surprised...and now after hearing it run I just can't wait for Spring to ride again :)

Same here, fired right up. Then I sat there with a beer and listened to it run and stared at it....March is a mere month away!!!

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Salt, sand, ice, snow, cold....and football!

And the tire chains interfere with the fenders and performance :rolleyes:. I can't wait for spring, another 2 months or so to go, i hope. I have started it a few times this winter, -3 to -8*c and fires up right away.