Started motovlogging but need a video editor

FZ8Panda

Hey fellas, started motovlogging today but I'm in need of a good video editing software. I need something that's easy to use and have a decent amount of features like special effects. I have no clue what to look for or which programs are good. I'm willing to pay for a good software but free ones are always welcome. Fyi, I have a PC and tried windows movie maker. It's not that great. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions! Thanks. :cool:

mikefz8

Hey fellas, started motovlogging today but I'm in need of a good video editing software. I need something that's easy to use and have a decent amount of features like special effects. I have no clue what to look for or which programs are good. I'm willing to pay for a good software but free ones are always welcome. Fyi, I have a PC and tried windows movie maker. It's not that great. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions! Thanks. :cool:

In my professional experience I would suggest you use Sony Video Vegas Pro...It is inexpensive but VERY powerful. I do video editing and video production for a living. I currently use and operate Final Cut Pro (only available for Apple computers) for our video workflow. However Sony Video Vegas I have also used professionally it is simple to learn powerful and quick and has a ton of features. It has no shortage of "special effects" if you get the Pro version.

I just looked up the current release it is "Vegas Pro 12 edit" it doesn't include a dvd creating software. If your only output is web then you wouldn't need the dvd architect program anyway.

here is the link to it on amazon $323 [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQG81LA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DQG81LA&linkCode=as2&tag=mikebe-20"][ame="http://rcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=mikebe-20&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B00DQG81LA"]http://rcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=mikebe-20&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B00DQG81LA[/ame][/ame]

here is the link to the Pro Version with DVD authoring $525 [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009H9HLVQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B009H9HLVQ&linkCode=as2&tag=mikebe-20"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009H9HLVQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B009H9HLVQ&linkCode=as2&tag=mikebe-20[/ame]

Last edited:

FZ8Panda

Thanks for the heads up mikefz8. I have heard of that program through watching other motovloggers on YouTube. I just don't have that kind of funds right now but def will have it in my mind for when I do. I guess I'm down to using the Windows Movie Maker for now. I think I should have a MacBook and Final Cut Pro in my wishlist. Lol. Anyway, I have uploaded my first two official motovlog on YouTube. Let me know what you guys think... and yes, I need to learn to speak better. :p

Episode1: FZ8Panda's First Official Motovlog! - YouTube

Episode 2: FZ8Panda's Bike Walk Around - YouTube

mikefz8

IF you have a mac most come with iMovie which is a pretty powerful app by itself. :) Most video editing doesnt really need anything fancy. you can kill a video by to many weird aka fancy transitions. Most vlogging I would guess needs simple cuts from one clip to the other.

Rotaryknight

I used Adobe Premiere most of the time editing. I have used CS5 and a little bit of CS6, the new version is called Pro CC, havent used it yet since CS5 is still good to me but the only downside I see is that it doesnt fully support .mov files.

What camera are you using for the vlogging?

FZ8Panda

I used Adobe Premiere most of the time editing. I have used CS5 and a little bit of CS6, the new version is called Pro CC, havent used it yet since CS5 is still good to me but the only downside I see is that it doesnt fully support .mov files.

What camera are you using for the vlogging?

I'm using a Contour+2 camera with the GPS function. It's a very well made camera. Love the design of it and I can't even tell it's on the side of my helmet when I'm riding. Very unfortunate they went out of business though.

I ended up finding a copy of Corel VideoStudio Pro X6. I was messing around with it and its way better than using the windows movie maker so I will be sticking with the Corel for now. Now I just need to speak better in the videos without all the um's and uh's. Lol. :p

TallGuyNW

I'm using a Contour+2 camera with the GPS function. It's a very well made camera. Love the design of it and I can't even tell it's on the side of my helmet when I'm riding. Very unfortunate they went out of business though.

I ended up finding a copy of Corel VideoStudio Pro X6. I was messing around with it and its way better than using the windows movie maker so I will be sticking with the Corel for now. Now I just need to speak better in the videos without all the um's and uh's. Lol. :p

+1 for Corel VideoStudio. While I haven't used it yet for riding videos, I have produced several family videos and some videos for work. It has a ton of features and for only $69, it's got a lot of bang for the buck. It also goes on sale pretty often.