Sprocket upgrades

Whitej84

I just bought a speedo healer and am looking to upgrade front and rear sprockets. 15T front and 48T rear. I have found GTYR front sprockets on yamaha's website. But am looking for a (preferably steel) rear sprocket Aluminum would work to if there are no steel. Does anyone know of what brands are for our bike? What chain pitch and length I will need (520 or 530 conversion?) Thanks ahead of time for any input.

9 Lives

The bike comes with a 525 pitch chain, if you want to go to 520 or 530 you need to change both sprockets and chain. There are lots of sprocket manufactures AFAM and Renthal are 2 that I looked into.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Call vortex, they really get kinky in the details......
They will help you decide what teeth to go front or rear, see you can set off the wear for your sprockets if you do a certain pitch chain with a certain front and rear setup.

Whitej84

Rockin the Supersprox stealth and I'm lovin

SD70M2 What pitch did you end up with? 525 520 or 530? Ive found AFAM makes a 15T front sprocket with our OEM pitch but thus far have not been able to find a 48T rear with a 525 pitch.(except JT Sprockets) which i will not put on my bike. Also what chain(brand, and #of links) are you running and how do you like it? I was thinking of going with a gold DID X-ring but im not quite sure about which brands are good.

decooney

Just curious, anyone here ever try going in the reverse direction (-2) on the rear for a tad lower rpm 70mph cruising speed and a bit more top end speed? How did you like it?