Sprocket upgrade

jeffcali

Being 6-2" and 220, my top speed is 140mph for stock config.

I've ordered a 43 rear sprocket which will by me a higher top end and better mpg for my long daily rides.

If you're looking for more snappy response and less top end, then lower the front sprocket and raise the rear.

I on the other hand need more top end, so going down a few teeth in the rear is all i need.

LLeDoux66

-1 up front
+2 in the back,

rear sprocket sold by vortex, and the front I can not remember. Great torque, but your top end it taken down to about 125. Fast enough, and pulls great.

DJ

If i do get the -1 +2 what will the chain be 520, 525, or 530

MotoZen

What does changing the pitch do for you?

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Has something to do with the amount of material on the chain, a 520 is significantly lighter than a 530...... Also doesn't last nearly as long lol.

All the racing guys have way way more knowledge on this.
But for street use...... A -1 +2 520 conversion is like Top Notch. Any more is ridiculous any less is kind of a let down.

I actually learned on a cbr600 with that conversion..... Had no idea until I got the fz8 and thought huh...... This is WAY slower than my old honda.... Lol

Umyaya

I seem to be only able to find a 15t front and 47t rear through JandP sprockets 525 pitch.. I am looking for a 48tooth rear but can't seem to find any... supersprox is out of them. Where are you guys getting you 48t? or a 15t 48t at 520pitch ?

RD GUY

I got mine from my Yamaha dealer two day 525pitch vortex rear 48 #641CZK-48 afam front #21607-15 got when i changed tires just incase,but after 13000kms they were still like new

Sinooch

this is probably a stupid question but our bikes stock come with a 525 pitch right? meaning if i wanted to go -1 in the front i would get a 525 15t? just wanting to clarify cuz i want to drop a little but i dont want to lose my top speed too much

BanditGville

So here is one. If i go -1 front and +1 rear can i use my current chain right? already ordered the sprockets should be here next few days. If i don't here back guess i'll find out for myself soon enough. i have a chain tool and master link just in case.

BanditGville

So here is one. If i go -1 front and +1 rear can i use my current chain right? already ordered the sprockets should be here next few days. If i don't here back guess i'll find out for myself soon enough. i have a chain tool and master link just in case.

All installed I have posted a how to w/ pictures also.:woot:

I used a 15T protec front. Looked really nice in my hand. The factory one had a rubber damper built in it... I love how much more snappy the acceleration is with out it. I went +1 rear, JT brand. 525 pitch.

Factory chain length works for my -1, +1... and also WILL work for -1 front only. I tested it while doing the swap.:rockon: Still has a reasonable wheel base too.

Also do the throttle mod/r6 throttle upgrade it's fantastic!!!:nw:

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited: