Sprocket torque specs

04wrxwagon

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum and I'll get an intro thread up soon. I'm in the process of changing out my front and rear sprockets. I've searched every where and can't find an answer. Torque specs

-rear sprocket nuts
-front sprocket bolts
-rear axle nut
-caliper bolts

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm just waiting on the rear sprocket but I've got everything off and ready.

Side note, I went -1/+1..in theory the chain should still work, right? The tooth count hasn't changed. I'm hoping it should work.

Umyaya

You are going to love that. That's what I did... Yeah my chain fit. Definitely get a speedohealer! I had my speedohealer laying around for along time and didn't take the time to install it because I was lazy and thought it would be hard lol! Whenever I googled fz8 torque specs I only found torque specs of r6's and things.. So I just went with them seeing that they probably are close. Never had an issue.
Hi all!

I'm new to the forum and I'll get an intro thread up soon. I'm in the process of changing out my front and rear sprockets. I've searched every where and can't find an answer. Torque specs

-rear sprocket nuts
-front sprocket bolts
-rear axle nut
-caliper bolts

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm just waiting on the rear sprocket but I've got everything off and ready.

Side note, I went -1/+1..in theory the chain should still work, right? The tooth count hasn't changed. I'm hoping it should work.

04wrxwagon

Yeah that's what I was assuming I may have to do. So, 72 FtLbs in the rear(Torque in sequence from what I've read...25/50/72) and then 65 FtLbs in the front.

RD GUY

i went -1/+2 and installed the speedohealer, it took 15 minutes to install and my speedo was out by 20kilometers

BigD

Yeah that's what I was assuming I may have to do. So, 72 FtLbs in the rear(Torque in sequence from what I've read...25/50/72) and then 65 FtLbs in the front.

what torque settings did you use in the end for all the caliper screws and sprockets nuts etc?