speedo healer

RD GUY

has anyone used this if so I went down 1 up 2 on rear in kms haven't gps yet does anyone done this if so what is # to put in healer thanks

thach1130

has anyone used this if so I went down 1 up 2 on rear in kms haven't gps yet does anyone done this if so what is # to put in healer thanks

The differences varies from bike to bike. So you will need to get a GPS to obtain an actual speed and then use the speed read from the speedo to calculate your correction value.

thach1130

true enough I am trying to get it close for now, having to wait for spring to gps it thanks

Well if you want it approximate for now. Most of us is off by 10%. So if it say 50mph, we're actually going 45mph. If the speedo say 90 we're really going 81.

The other way of doing it is: i notice a few areas where there's a sign displaying your speed as you drive pass to let drivers know they are speeding or not (don't use those that have speeding camera too). Drive by at a steady pace (note your speedo speed)and note what the sign say. Use those values to calculate your adjustment.

RD GUY

I know that the speedo from factory is around 10%out but as stated I have changed the gearing so that wont help was hoping someone has the same setup,so I could get it close for now,also its winter here so riding is out of the question.

thach1130

I know that the speedo from factory is around 10%out but as stated I have changed the gearing so that wont help was hoping someone has the same setup,so I could get it close for now,also its winter here so riding is out of the question.

Oops, sorry i my eyes skipped that note about the gearing. I only have -1 front so i can't chime on the correction factor. So yeah i guess try the sign idea unless you have a cop friend who's will to clock you with his speed gun ^__^.

Edit: Since no riding can be done anyway, might as well wait until that first riding day with GPS to get the reading, seeing how if you adjust it now you will have to reset it to get the proper reading when you ride in the spring.

Last edited:
F

fz8kansas

Another option that will have to wait until you can ride is to time yourself. If you are running a steady 90 Kph then you are covering a kilo every 45 seconds. Clock yourself on a highway that is marked off in kilos and time yourself. Do this with a stopwatch and make several passes note the time. Using some simple math you should be able to calculate your actual speed. This would give you the difference and you should be able to come up with a good number to use on the healer.
The goverments will not let your GPS get that accurate. A standand GPS is good to within 30 meters. I don't know if Canada has a WAAS system. This a second signal sent by radio towers that work in conjunction with the satellite. This will get you within 3 meters. The accuracy of the GPS goes way up. I know this from GPS units used in fishing, my other hobby.