Speeding

Benjobiker

So I got pulled over for going __ over and got a warning so I have REALLY been practicing to not speed at all. This bike is just so beautifully fast its super hard. Any tips from you guys out there?

Its hard because in first if you pop over 6k RPM you are already speeding, but we all know the nice thrill of being in its power range...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpatt

chose better places to speed. down town right by the po po station is the best :p

but for real if u want to speed like your on a track go ride up the road doing 5-10 over... if theres no cops spin that bitch around and do 60-70 over... dont get greedy thats when u get caught one or 2 runs is enough.....

also speeding is for the track

dart1963

Super Moderator
yep... go do a track day or two... after my friends have done a ton of them, they have toned down a lot on the street.... me, I'm just old and don't want to deal with tickets, trashing the bike from some animal running out in front of me, or any other bad situation... nice having cheap insurance too...

thach1130

Benjobiker said:
Its hard because in first if you pop over 6k RPM you are already speeding, but we all know the nice thrill of being in its power range...

Do the -1 front sprocket mod. Then you won't be speeding in first.

Blanchy

Don't get caught! Grates on me that lots of roads I rode as a youngster, the speed limits have been dropped by 20kph or more. Modern vehicles and tyres are better and then we get this message "There is no such thing as safe speeding" So for 20 something years I was obeying the law but its dangerous to do the same speed on those roads now?