Speed dreams

Motogpmad

Did any of you guys happen to catch the BBC programme "Speed Dreams"?

Its about a bunch of guys from the UK who Traveled to Bonneville to try and break records on their hand built bikes. Was shown in january this year.

The guy who ran the Indian is a good friend of mine called Chris Island. He is a very well known Custom Bike builder here in the UK. Probably best known for some of the trikes he has built. He also is the editor of a cuctom bike mag called Brit chopper.

Well if you did see it, i have just received an email from Chris and some pictures of his modifications to the Indian for next years attempt at the speed record at Bonneville. We will be getting the Frame over at the workshop today for a Coating of our Aeromax finish. The frame and alot of parts were coated by us when he took it to Bonneville last time and they stood up to the salt faultlessly. He has now modified the frame, front end and fitted a super charger to the engine in a hope to make more power. I have seen this bike in so many different incarnations over the years and the latest is exceptional. Chris makes everything himself in a little garage attached to his house. The only thing he has not made is the engine which is nearly 70 years old. saying that, i think the only original parts left on the engine are the casings and barrels and heads.

I have attached some pics so you can see the work that is going into the bike. Some may be interested, some may not, but i for one really appreciate the skill and engineering that has gone into this bike over the years.

H

Hoover

Thats a great story. I will look it up on BBC's iplayer later today.

I have a good friend here that also does Bonny. He has a pair of handbuilt Ducatis and looks just like your pal!

I have donated money to his fund this year to help him pay for the next attempt.

Here is a link to his home page

Motorcycle Performance Home

Motogpmad

I have a good friend here that also does Bonny. He has a pair of handbuilt Ducatis and looks just like your pal!

I have donated money to his fund this year to help him pay for the next attempt.

Motorcycle Performance Home

Yeah, check it out. Its in 2 parts. i think it is still on iplayer.

we are not really in the position to donate cash to Chris at the moment but we are more than happy to coat anything he wants for free. we did the frame and various other parts in our Aeromax finish and also the body panels in candy red.

Motogpmad

Motorcycle Performance Home[/QUOTE
Did you manage to watch it ?