Speed Bleeders Size?

Spyder Eye

Can anyone confirm the brake caliper bleed screw size for the front and rear. I believe they are both M8 x 1.25 but I wanted to check with the masses before making a purchase.

Has anyone put Speed Bleeders on their FZ8? I have used them on past bikes and they were great.

Last edited:
H

Hoover

I had a friend who had them and the front's faliled. Not pretty.
I changed my lines, took 10 mins to bleed them. 3 years from now when I flush my brake fluid, I will do the same.

trixster8

Yes, the size is M8 x 1.25. I just put some Goodridge speed bleeders on my front calipers when I changed the brake lines. They worked great.

FZ1inNH

Administrator
I've read about one too many failures of these. Get a Mighty Vac and bleed them that way with the stock bleeders. Assurance is grand! :D It takes no time with the Vac

Don't forget to weight your rear brake pedal and bungie the front brake lever over night. Any small air bubbles will float all the way back into the reservoirs and by morning, you have SOLID brakes. :tup:

H

Hoover

I've read about one too many failures of these. Get a Mighty Vac and bleed them that way with the stock bleeders. Assurance is grand! :D It takes no time with the Vac

Don't forget to weight your rear brake pedal and bungie the front brake lever over night. Any small air bubbles will float all the way back into the reservoirs and by morning, you have SOLID brakes. :tup:

For sure. Mighty Vac makes it a 1 man, 5 minute job per caliper.

JDZIII

speed bleeders

Motorcycle Application Chart

I believe that the 8's come stock with nissin brakes till 2013 when they changed everything.

Size I got was SB8125L remember to get three. One in the back, two up front.

Last edited: