Sound like "dry clutch"... Any one with same issue

Larry P

I noticed this sound within the first week of having it (two years ago) but I'm pretty sure its just one of those noises that we don't like to hear but its really nothing wrong. My R1 makes the same noise but a little fainter. Probably a yamaha thing.

MotoZen

:bs2:My FZ8 Is around 4000 Miles right now, problem is i had a real issue shifting and then after some debate with Yamaha, they replaced my clutch and all went well until about two days ago, bucking like a bronco when engaging 1st gear, and cuts out, as well as when down shifting, engage the clutch and it does not release, bike still carries on going, what to do, guys, i am a South African in your lovely country, dont know the local tricks, but would appreciate some help please, anybody have any idea on how many kicks with a safety shoe on the tire it takes to fix this problem ?

I don't remember of it was this forum or the other one, but I read somewhere about another person having similar problems. They changed the oil and used the mobile 1 4t oil and it fixed it. It's just a thought.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

kirbster1966

I have noticed a rattly sound as well and my bike is becoming more difficult to shift, although teh clutch seems to be working properly. I did an oil change a few weeks ago (1000km first oil change) and it seems very notchy compared to before.

Clutch adjustment seems correct.

Will have to swing it by my dealer to see what they think.

bpassmore8

I used to get that type of sound and a stutter feeling when taking off from a stop. It went away eventually

Woody146

Banned
I have noticed a rattly sound as well and my bike is becoming more difficult to shift, although teh clutch seems to be working properly. I did an oil change a few weeks ago (1000km first oil change) and it seems very notchy compared to before.

Clutch adjustment seems correct.

Will have to swing it by my dealer to see what they think.

What kind of oil did you put in? Full synthetic?

kirbster1966

I am using Amsoil 10/40.

Made a bit of an adjustment yesterday and it is much better. Seems that the ramp on the clutch actuator really wants the lever pulled all the way in. Set up the free play to about 10mm at the tip of the lever and all good so far.

Neil_CHSZ_FZ8

David3... did you manage to have it sorted ? I have a 2013 FZ8, and also live in CH.
Similar problems encountered, getting the dealer "shrug" currently... any light you can shed o the haze would be welcome