Sooo, I did some mods and now I need some advice.

chrisenglish

Just picked up a 2011 FZ8 last week and i've just finished modding the flies and i also did the airbox mod. I plan on getting a power commander but i dont have one yet. Once i started the bike it dies when i open the throttle. I'm presuming the air to fuel ratio is now off and thats why, but is that normal? Did i make the flies too small perhaps? I'm kind of a FZ8 newb. Any advice would help, thanks guys.

Last edited:

jmsandy77

Just picked up a 2011 FZ8 last week and i've just finished modding the flies and i also did the airbox mod. I plan on getting a power commander but i dont have one yet. Once i started the bike it dies when i open the throttle. I'm presuming the air to fuel ratio is now off and thats why, but is that normal? Did i make the flies too small perhaps? I'm kind of a newb. Any advice would help, thanks guys.

This post is a joke right? I mean come on. Why would any one do this and not know EXACTLY what they were doing and how to tune the bike? You're a noobie...practice riding. Not power modifications.

chrisenglish

lol, thanks for that super helpful post. I've been riding many years, aaaand i used to have an FZ1 which i did all these mods on but didn't have the same issues.

Anyone got anything helpful?

Keach

I'm not sure I know of anyone messing with the flies on the fz8. I know it's pretty common on the fz1. I would guess that is what's giving you the problem. I suggest having the ecu flashed by turbojoe and save your money when it comes to the power commander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk