Something was bugging me on my way home from work tonight

9 Lives

Its about a 25 km trip from work to my house, both the bike and helmet were clean before I left.

Last edited:

Rotaryknight

....thats nasty as hell hahaha

Did you get any on your body? It sucks cleaning them off a jacket, especially mesh jackets.

Marthy

That happen to me a week or so ago. There was only one bug but by the time his brain went through is a$$ there was a 1 1/2" spot on my visor! Can't imagine getting hammer by one of those without a full face helmet. That would have knock me out!!! LOL

thach1130

It's a pain in the ass when you have all your vents open and the bug gets sucked into the hole. Massive pain to dig out the dead carcass.

9 Lives

No mesh jacket for me, it was only about 15C/60F last night. I was wearing my Joe Rocket with liner, it actually isn't that bad, the half fairing keeps most of it off my jacket

reALIGNed

take a look at your radiator, make sure its not too plugged up. I have a screen in front of mine that catches most of them, and clean up is much easier.

9 Lives

I was thinking about putting a bug screen, like the one on a screen door, between the rad and guard. Is that the type of screen your talking about? I have done this on my car and truck but not sure how it will work on the bike, I guess I will have to try it and see how it works.

Last edited:

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Hahaha, that is horrible! Damn, where do you guys live?!

The most traumatic bug experience I've ever had was riding through a pack of wasps. Because of their slightly larger size, it was like getting shot with airsoft bb's. Unfortunately for them (But fortunately for me) none survived to sting me. A few months later, I was doing some deep cleaning and found wasp carcasses EVERYWHERE; behind the brake reservoir, in the headlight, behind the forks, it was terrible. I felt really bad.

reALIGNed

I was thinking about putting a bug screen, like the one on a screen door, between the rad and guard. Is that the type of screen your talking about? I have done this on my car and truck but not sure how it will work on the bike, I guess I will have to try it and see how it works.

yep, use the soft rubber type, I use small zip ties to fasten it.

villhelmromero

Hahaha, that is horrible! Damn, where do you guys live?!

The most traumatic bug experience I've ever had was riding through a pack of wasps. Because of their slightly larger size, it was like getting shot with airsoft bb's. Unfortunately for them (But fortunately for me) none survived to sting me. A few months later, I was doing some deep cleaning and found wasp carcasses EVERYWHERE; behind the brake reservoir, in the headlight, behind the forks, it was terrible. I felt really bad.

A couple of weeks back I flew through a swarm of honeybees which was pretty large. I was going down the highway at about 70ish and it felt like I was getting hit with hail pretty hard. amazingly none of them splattered on me and I only found a few in the radiator. no stings here either.

9 Lives

Could be worse, you could have been a bad arse Harley dude! No wonder they always scowl.

Ya that must suck with that thing they call a helmet and a hankie around your face. Only a full face for me whether there are bugs or not.