Someone hit my bike ;(

Danger

My bike was parked in a quiet residential area...until someone hit it and broke all of the things. Oh well, winter is coming anyway, time to wrench.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
I think i would cry if i saw my 8 in that position/codition.

I certainly would NOT be saying " oh well winter is coming. :confused:

H

Hoover

I suppose they left a note with their phone number and insurance info. Good folks...
GRRRRRRRRR :hbwall::hbwall:

Danger

No note of course. Yeah I was pretty broken up about it, :( so I am trying to be positive from here on out. I wasn't on it, so I am ok thankfully.

Both brake levers are toast, bars are bent, forks are bent, clutch lever doesn't clutch, mirrors, signal. Not sure about radiator at this point, motor ran ok without oil or coolant leaks. Temp was ok. Having it checked out on Friday at the local shop for bigger problems. Insurance is covering everything after the deductible.

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I'll keep you posted on the progress.

B

bren

jesus- they must have nailed it pretty hard mate!

Wonder if insurance will write it off?

Danger

Yes the bike left scrapes in the asphalt road surface because it hit and slid pretty hard. I had to have to bars 45 deg. left just to go straight when limping it home. They probably tried to park right on top of it.

Lee_533

I think I would go on a rampage. I wouldn't be able to take someone ruining my bike like that. Find out who did it and we'll all go and kick their ass! Who's with me!?!

B

bren

do you think your insurer may just write her off? sounds like an expensive fix!

Danger

A write off is a possibility. I love the bike though, I'll try to keep it if it comes down to that. If the insurance company says it's a write off, what can I do? I am not familiar with having nice vehicles or full coverage insurance haha:p

Friday it gets trucked to the shop, Monday the insurance guy goes and looks at it.

I was definitely mad enough to punish everything within reach at the time, then this older couple walked by and the guy helped me lift the bike upright. They then told me they saw it laying down earlier and were really sorry that it happened. Restored my sanity relatively quickly.

Paralgin

Avid Rider
I feel with you man! If that had happend to me id would use all my spare time in hunting them down.. I just hate people who cant stand up for what they did.

e11charlie

When they write it off, in most states you get first shot at buying it back. If they write it off, get a new one and then you have a great donor bike.

B

bren

if someone hit my bike i would lose my shit! My bike is pretty sentimental to me.

My dad died from cancer 4 months ago. when i found out he was dying- i ordered most of my mod parts so we could work on it together. he was a mechanic by trade... so my bike is pretty special to me cos it reminds me of the old fella. he was only young too- 52!

I would break anyone who damages my bike....

sinclap2

Lazy
Mate, I know your pain. Mine was knocked over in the car park @ work (but they owned up to hitting it). Damn that sucks! :mad:

H

Hoover

If it is a write off, absolutely buy it back. Then make a better one out of what you have left!