Sold my FZ8.

RoadKill

I traded in for a 2014 Ninja 1000, i will miss the 8 but it was time to let her go at 27000 miles before i lost too much more trade in value. And Kawi had $2000 in instant rebates that was ending in a few days.

I took off the new ASV C5 levers and will put them on Ebay soon.

RoadKill

I screwed up and over exposed most of em but here is one after i realized i had the camera set wrong.

View attachment 3464

I only have 107 miles on it so far, but my first impressions are. Holy shit! this thing has a lot of power! rides like a dream, bumps that would have been jarring on the FZ8 are nothing to this bike the suspension is awesome.

Last edited:

RoadKill

I won't be selling the ASV levers because ASV is going to ship me the correct pieces to attach them to the Ninja. $104 dollars... but still cheaper than buying a new set that is on back order with no date determined for delivery. I love these levers!

schmittz

I remember when I ran into you at trader joes haha. Saw fz8panda a few weeks ago too. I'm keeping the fz8 as my daily, looking into r1's and zx14r's. Need something with that "holy f***" factor to it..

FZ8Panda

I remember when I ran into you at trader joes haha. Saw fz8panda a few weeks ago too. I'm keeping the fz8 as my daily, looking into r1's and zx14r's. Need something with that "holy f***" factor to it..

Never ran into ya but that's a sweet bike Roadkill. I will be keeping my 8 for awhile. But, damn, I been obsessed with the R1's recently. Wish I could afford it. lol. I agree wit ya schmittz. The 8 is awesome but I been yearning that "holy f***!" factor lately too. :D

RoadKill

I have no interest in hard bags at the price they are at. $1295. luckily i have never really needed more than what my backpack carries.

Yeah the holy shit factor is definitely here with the Ninja 1000, and i didn't have to go to the supersport to get it. I ride too much too far to ride a supersport.

So far the suspension difference really is standing out. the Kawi rides a lot smoother and the knob on the side for adjusting rear preload is very nice for when the GF rides on back. I feel safer in the wet with my traction control and ABS too. i am very happy with the choice so far.