so this happened...

Where would the bump stop be?

Called up the dealership where I bought my bike and they said it wont be replaced under warranty since its not a defect from factory.

So I ordered both relay arms and the connecting rod and replace them myself. Cost me $105 for the parts. Maybe I should try the tail lifting links? They look more stout then the oem arms, and raises the height by 1 inch.

Pictures from the left side

I would make sure to write an email to yamaha about your expierence at the dealer, maybe include links to the threads on our forum for reference purposess, cause I know manufacturer defects aren't always present on a brand new bike and apear over time aka premature wear or failure, that's why manufactures have recals even years after a vehicle is out of production, that's a crucial part of the rear suspension and most certainly should have been warrantied out, vs them breaking... U crashing and then yamaha has a even bigger problem on its hands.

The bump stop is in the middle of the spring/shock. If you want to play it safe order 2 sets of the triangle plates and double stack them with longer bolts. You will distribute to load on a much larger area and you should be fine. It all come down to your safety... If they are out of aluminum, ask around to some machine shop or laser cutting shop. They could pump a little batch of those for not too much $$$. I'll go with 4043 chromoly or something similar. Same thickness. I'm sure you can find few customer here to share the expense.

Where would the bump stop be?

Called up the dealership where I bought my bike and they said it wont be replaced under warranty since its not a defect from factory.

So I ordered both relay arms and the connecting rod and replace them myself. Cost me $105 for the parts. Maybe I should try the tail lifting links? They look more stout then the oem arms, and raises the height by 1 inch.

Pictures from the left side

You have got to be kidding me!! "not a defect from the factory" WTF! Tell that dealer to give you your money back and report this to Yamaha customer service. Also let them know they will never get a dime of your money again. Terrible, just terrible...please say you did not buy the bike from these knuckle heads? To treat you like that, I cant believe they could even look you in the eye and take your money, crooks.

You have got to be kidding me!! "not a defect from the factory" WTF! Tell that dealer to give you your money back and report this to Yamaha customer service. Also let them know they will never get a dime of your money again. Terrible, just terrible...please say you did not buy the bike from these knuckle heads? To treat you like that, I cant believe they could even look you in the eye and take your money, crooks.

I agree... How could this be anything BUT a defect??? Unless they can prove you caused it somehow through a wreck or other some weird way.. I dont get it. I'd go over them and to corporate.

Im sure someone has it all figured it out by now. I do jot have the assembly in hand or a clear picture. But it seems that tue part that bend is in compression. So the longest and weakest part of the link does most of the work.

If Yamaha doesn't have any update you can either have them build out of steel or double stack the aluminum one with longer bolts if theres enough room.

Best thing to do is stop by the other house and ask... the FZ1 as been around for more than a decade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Marthy, they are not made out of aluminum. I have magnets stuck to mine to trip the traffic lights.
P1020662_zps4177f0d0.jpg

imgur: the simple image sharer

Wasnt like this 2 week ago. I put on 300 miles since the exhaust.

Was worried why my bike felt weird like it didn't want to go straight at times when riding with no hands. It was too twitchy, about to ride to work just 10 mins ago and saw this....

After seeing your pictures and those of others I inspected my braces on Sunday. All is good but I'll be keeping an eye on them...especially after hitting a hard bump or pothole.

Back