So my bike was stolen

ZeeKdaGreeK

It was just taken half an hour ago in front of my house, called the cops filed a report. I'll keep the site posted on what I'll have to go through with insurance, just so people will know what to do in the future if it ever happens to them. Other then that, i want to say thank you to the forum ive spent countless hours and days on the site doing research. Hope you guys get to enjoy ur 8's in this change of weather...

bikee4

Sorry to hear about your loss. I wish the people who did it get busted...bad!!!:mad:

I know it's too soon, but are you gonna get another FZ8 if they can't get yours back? (sorry if was too soon to mention):depressed:

ZeeKdaGreeK

My only update so far is that the cops cant do anything, basically told me to give up hope and its prob in a container somewhere already... Trying to get my receipts in order from all the aftermarket shit i bought in hopes i'll get reimbursed from insurance.. Frustration isnt even the word

NoNine4me

That just sucks ass. You can't leave anything alone anywhere, I guess. Lucky you have some insurance, hopefully you can get back into a new one soon.

thach1130

Sorry to hear your loss buddy. What can i tell ya, it's NYC and Astoria (Flushing right?) Maybe move to another area where the general population is more friendly toward guarding your own property with arms/ammunitions and you'll see a very low theft rates. We are very friendly to our neighbor too. Something about knowing your neighbor is armed makes us be very friendly to one another.

MotoZen

My only update so far is that the cops cant do anything, basically told me to give up hope and its prob in a container somewhere already... Trying to get my receipts in order from all the aftermarket shit i bought in hopes i'll get reimbursed from insurance.. Frustration isnt even the word

Don't quite give up hope. My neighbor had his bike stolen and the cops told him the same thing. A few months later they caught the guy that stole it.

If they don't get it back and you get it reimbursed from insurance, it's a chance to start over and do it a little differently.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

leem00

Sorry to hear your loss buddy. What can i tell ya, it's NYC and Astoria (Flushing right?) Maybe move to another area where the general population is more friendly toward guarding your own property with arms/ammunitions and you'll see a very low theft rates. We are very friendly to our neighbor too. Something about knowing your neighbor is armed makes us be very friendly to one another.

Amen to that!

All my neighbors were armed back in Indiana... our thought process if someone appeared to be trespassing was shoot first ask questions later!

kodoq88

Go on craigslist or similar source to find used parts most likely the a$$hole who stole ur bike parting out the bike

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Woody146

Banned
It was just taken half an hour ago in front of my house, called the cops filed a report. I'll keep the site posted on what I'll have to go through with insurance, just so people will know what to do in the future if it ever happens to them. Other then that, i want to say thank you to the forum ive spent countless hours and days on the site doing research. Hope you guys get to enjoy ur 8's in this change of weather...

Dude...**** that..I'm sorry to hear that...I hope they total it while on it and you get a brand new one

DSmith

I had some punk steal a 30 rack out of my shed once. I posted up trail cams after that. I couldn't imagine if someone stole my bike. I'd be goin on a manhunt. Some people have no respect. Good luck on gettin her back man

pajkrubi

Really sorry to hear about your bike man that really sucks. Hopefully they'll find it soon with no damage. Or maybe the thief will wreck it into a dump truck at 100+mph and get turned into strawberry jelly all over the road and the insurance will buy you a new one.

I'm with Thach and Leem on the whole glad I live in a more rural area full of firearms owners. I leave my bike out front a lot during the summer when I ride every day and leave the top and doors off my jeep a lot too and have NEVER had anything stolen. Scumbags don't come around these areas because they know there's a good chance they'll get what they deserve. I think a thief is just above a child molester and rapist. You couldn't pay me enough money to live in a crime filled city.

NoNine4me

Just remember that's why we buy insurance...look at it this way: it's better than if you'd totaled the bike in an accident, as an insurance claim.

You probably don't want the bike back after it's been abused anyhow. Maybe it'll turn out for the better.

Rotaryknight

That really sucks man.

Was the bike locked up or just parked in front of the house for a short while?

I am meaning to get scorpio alarm with GPS. My friends car got stolen two years ago, but luckily he had a GPS tracker in it. Got the car back and the guys locked up in under a day.