Snakeskins tank grips

Speedo007

Mine is a bit more angular like the bike...so maybe they should have accepted my offer of just sending me 2 kits in exchange for my template :p But their pre-cut still looks nice. Either way I'm glad I did mine :) Was their the middle section included in your kit?

mano1192

I know thats what I was thinking, I was expecting a 3 pieces... should have read the fine print! No worries though, it looks good and really goes help in acelleration and braking.

hypo

got my C3 shipment today. BIG difference between the original Snakeskins and the C3. Snakeskin has no give, but a very solid grip. C3 is squishy, but again, a solid grip.

Last edited:

Speedo007

I'd probably lower the middle pad if I were you, as that part of the tank is usually where I scratch it first with belt buckles, zippers and what not...:)

casefc3s

Was there ever a mention about a discount for the forum members on these? I definitely want to pick some of these up to keep from attacking the tank with my crotch every time I have to brake hard!

mckshred

Installed them today - great addition!

I put a gripster on each side of the tank and cut a fusion pad to fit the rear seat today. My wife is loving the passenger seat now - no more sliding into me and clunking helmets anymore! I am loving the protection on my tank and increased control while riding. A worthwhile addition for sure.

Thanks for the referral hypo.:)

Jwood9

Im very interested in the tech spech route for tank pads... Who has what? i was looking into the thickest one, any good and bad feed back?

And overall my biiggest question is are these really removable like they say? I have the 2012 with matte finish and dont want to ruin it if i dont like the tank pads... It looks like they peel right off but has anyone had actual experience in doing so?

Lee_533

Im very interested in the tech spech route for tank pads... Who has what? i was looking into the thickest one, any good and bad feed back?

And overall my biiggest question is are these really removable like they say? I have the 2012 with matte finish and dont want to ruin it if i dont like the tank pads... It looks like they peel right off but has anyone had actual experience in doing so?

I have them and love them. Yes they are removable and reusable. When you install them to have to use a heat gun and get the part of the bike you are placing them on very hot. Also heat the grips up. Then slap them on and heat the grips on the bike for a little longer, then hold pressure on the grips for about 5 minutes while it cools. Let it sit for 24 hours then test them out. If you want to remove them and use them somewhere else, just heat the grips up again and pull them off. I have been very happy with mine. I got mine off eBay and its pre-cut for our bikes.

C

Camo

Does anyone live in a similar climate to an Aussie summer that has these? A bloke I met the other weekend said he came back to his parked bike and one of these pads was sitting on the ground next to his bike. Reckons it must have just got hot and peeled itself off....

I'm not real keen to spend money on these if they're going to come off at the first piss stop

ssky0078

Does anyone live in a similar climate to an Aussie summer that has these? A bloke I met the other weekend said he came back to his parked bike and one of these pads was sitting on the ground next to his bike. Reckons it must have just got hot and peeled itself off....

I'm not real keen to spend money on these if they're going to come off at the first piss stop

I'm in the Arizona desert and have the same concern. I want to get something as I have clear vinyl on there now and it's slipperier than snot.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I would definitely recommend tech-spec I love them. We had a very hot summer and they were good. I doubt they would slide off in the heat but damn arizona gets so hot ice cream melts in the freezer!

ShiftyMcGrifty

Not sure if it compares, but I live in South Texas, and it stays in the 90-100 degree F range for a while. I've had my tech spec grips for a season, and they haven't moved at all.

They do suggest during installation to heat up the surface that it's being adhered to. So I used a heat gun to get the tank warm, and put them on. I think heating it up allowed for it to get a nice bond with the tank. Same thing goes if you ever want to easily take them off. Heat them up with an external heat source, and peel them off. But the hot sun won't do this.

Bam Bam

Not sure if it compares, but I live in South Texas, and it stays in the 90-100 degree F range for a while. I've had my tech spec grips for a season, and they haven't moved at all.

They do suggest during installation to heat up the surface that it's being adhered to. So I used a heat gun to get the tank warm, and put them on. I think heating it up allowed for it to get a nice bond with the tank. Same thing goes if you ever want to easily take them off. Heat them up with an external heat source, and peel them off. But the hot sun won't do this.

Same here tech spec tank pads on both my bikes their snake skin line the seem solid also used heat to install them.