Snakeskins tank grips

summit8

O.M.G. SEXY!

I'm waiting for TechSpech to get their butts in gear and offer the FZ8 grips. I don't have the time, nor the tools to cut these out, I like how you were able to get the edges smoothed down. Your bike is lookin' good mate.

Now if my LED turn signals, R&G tidy tail and grips would come, I'd be set!

Speedo007

Thanks!
Love that R&G tail tidy...except when it rains, doesnt stay tidy very long, you end up with mud on your back and the back seat...

hypo

rear tire hugger

Thanks!
Love that R&G tail tidy...except when it rains, doesnt stay tidy very long, you end up with mud on your back and the back seat...

check this out - might just keep your back clean: R&G Rear Hugger '10+ FZ8

Last edited:

Speedo007

I think it can help keep more of the undertail clean, the problem is what ends up on your seat is from the tire shooting it upward (the last part of the tire..witch to be covered would require one VERY long hugger....

hypo

prolly right. I guess I won't be getting much rain down here in Texas, but eventually I'll get out of here and go back to the real world with rain and green trees and REAL twisties... THEN I'll worry about the rooster tail and mud splatters. :)

Speedo007

cheapest solution is to bring along a passenger when it rains :D Can also help improve the look of the bike if you're selective :)

hypo

Didnt receive the snakeskins yet, but since it was nice and warm outside decided to put my design to the test. My initial design fit well with the bike lines but once I tried it on the tank it didnt cover areas where my legs have already been scratching the tank.

so they HAVE the pre-cuts for the FZ8 now here: Welcome To The TechSpec Gripster Tank Grips way down the bottom.

however, I saw they have SNAKESKINS and they have the NEW C3... I take it you went with the snakeskins? you think there's a difference?

Speedo007

Yep I bought blank sheets of snakeskins. The new C3 looks good to though. I guess it really just depends if you prefer it thinner or thicker.

mano1192

SWEET! I just ordered the C3's, should be here by wednesday seeing the company is in Reno, NV... right up the road, kinda :)

hypo

SWEET! I just ordered the C3's, should be here by wednesday seeing the company is in Reno, NV... right up the road, kinda :)

you get your shipment yet? I ordered mine on Thursday last week and today(monday) its still in pending... grrrrrr :mad:

Speedo007

my blank sheets were BO imagine that...how can you run out of blank sheets..?!! I think it took like a month to get them. Let's hope you'll get yours sooner. If it's a new product they should have plenty in stock....

hypo

yeah mine shipped today USPS - found out at 10pm?... so maybe this week? I'll post up pictures of their FZ8 cuts.

mano1192

havent got mine yet either, looks like tomorrow. Wierd too cause it was out for delivery on saturday here in Vegas... oh snap forgot to check the main, brb..

bambam

Got my Blank Sheets and Followed Speedoo7's template

I ordered the Snakeskins about a month ago and got the blank sheets about 2 weeks back. Finally put them on and I really like them. I really like the look and feel for sure. Thanks man.. I wonder what their template will look like shipped?
--B

mano1192

I actually had the skins in my mail on Saturday, just got around to installing them late last night. They feel great, pretty thin and really easy to install. Look great on the bike also! Very small I thought for the price, that would be my only con.

I tested some aggressive breaking and it makes a big difference in keeping me from sliding into the tank. I like it alot :) Anyways heres some pics :D

Cool packaging and I got some stickers too!

The pads look grey with a flash, but in reality they are black.

Its hard to see but the tankspec logo is the circle in the corner, the pads look great on the bike.

hypo

sweet. I can't wait to get mine. I got the C3 also. should be here before Friday I'm hoping.