smoke covers for oem blinkers?

trixster8

Yeah, it's wired to the running lights, I installed it. It's a 10mm LED. The north American model doesn't have that light installed, it's just blanked off.

trixster8

Not at all, just remove the headlight, the owners manual walks you through it. I did a write up on it for the other FZ8 forum. I can paste it on here if you're interested.

jamoms101

hate to bring up old stuff. im trying real hard to search the forum before asking questions... but could you be a little more specific about the resistors you speak of to slow the blinking rate. I bought a pair of led front blinkers with a couple problems. another problem, the new blinkers only fill the gap where the light bolts to the sleeve, leaving a gap where the wiring from the oem's went thru... looks sloppy. and lastly, has anyone figured a way around having to choose between blinkers or constantly runnning?
what happens if i just splice the 2 together? sorry if i sound like a noob, but i am. i'll post a pic of the gap if you cant picture what im talking about

K-Gr.

i am going to pick up the resistors i didnt know that when i put them on ... lots to learn when it comes to bike mods!

Better go and switch the device that controlls blinkers (i do not know how is it called in english, sorry ;( ) - it cost me about 10$, easier to install then resistors i got with my rizoma blinkers AND hazad lights work (which was not the case with rizoma resistors).

rysyndrome

Replace the oem blinker relay with below ebay led relay. I did and works great. Not a bad price either. plug in play just unplug relay under passenger seat on right side of tool pouch and plug this in. I used a small bolt with ny-lock nut to hold it in place but you could probably just use double sided tape if you don't want to drill into the plastic. Real easy once you see it. I only saw one plug like it there.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

As to your issue with sloppy fitment, I am not sure from your description but it sounds like you need signal adapters. I purchased from the link below and they are top notch and made from metal, good stuff. They take up the gap left from the rubber on the oem blinker housing. Get two sets of adapters and the relay and you can easily change all 4 blinkers to LED no problem. Clean look too.

Part # PFY

Turn Signal Fairing Mounting Adapters, PJ's Parts

If your blinkers are only 2 wire (most are) then you can only have running lights or blinkers. Most just do without running lights as it is hard to find 3 wire LED blinkers. Hope this helps

Last edited:

jamoms101

very helpful! thats why i love forums :)
i did talk to the manufactur, they are sending me the resistor free of charge and he asked to see pics of the gap.. from the horrible explanation i gave, you were dead on the nose for what i needed for fitment. as far as the running lights go, i guess i can live without it. heres a pic though, just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
H

Hoover

I used the adaptor plates for an FZ1 and generic Yamaha relay from Lockhart Phillips.

rysyndrome

where did the piece come from the pen is placed in? is it off of the old blinker? if it is, just take it off and either get the adapter plates I linked (or cheaper plastic ones off of ebay for an FZ1) and mount the signal direct to the adapter plates. I have also seen some guys use large round washers that they painted black for really cheap. you'd have to check the forums for that thread but its in here somewhere.
If that part the pen is in came with the signal then I am not sure what it is for, definatley doesn't look like I would want it as part of my bike. good luck