Site debugging?

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Thought we could start with some debugging. If we can have everyone try every possible link and report back what needs work?

FIXED!!!

First thing I noticed Dennis? On the Home page, I don't see the login box showing me as logged in, but when in any thread, it does show me as logged in and says "Welcome, FZ1inNH" On the home page, the fields are blank link you've yet to log in.

Great start!!

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Small typo...

Link says FZ6 instead of FZ8. ;) This is the main page banner above the new posts on the home page.

FIXED!!!

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Site Info\Site Map gives an error...

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/info.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.14 (Fedora) Server at www.www.779cc.org Port 80

:D

We'll get them all squished!

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Site Info\Site Rules...

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/site-announcements/2807-forum-rules.html was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.14 (Fedora) Server at www.www.779cc.org Port 80

FZ1inNH

Administrator
FIXED!!!

One more... I clicked on the USA Northeast forum and was asked to login with a username that has access to that restricted area. No access for the little guy... :(

Thanks!!

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Administrator
FIXED!!!

Just also noticed that my UserCP doesn't show my thread subscriptions? I am set, just like the other three forums, to "No email notification" so when I visit my UserCP, I can see what threads I have replied in or started have new messages before venturing out into threads that I've yet to participate in (New Posts).

Thanks!!

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Administrator
One more... I clicked on the USA Northeast forum and was asked to login with a username that has access to that restricted area. No access for the little guy... :(

Thanks!!

Okay, seems this is working now so long as I bounce in the forums and stay away from any page that shows the login box as not logged in and THEN go visit a forum to create a new thread. :D

Don't know if you're making changes Dennis but if you are, Thanks!!!! :cool:

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Just also noticed that my UserCP doesn't show my thread subscriptions? I am set, just like the other three forums, to "No email notification" so when I visit my UserCP, I can see what threads I have replied in or started have new messages before venturing out into threads that I've yet to participate in (New Posts).

Thanks!!

Now showing. I'm guessing this is to do with the home page showing up as now logged in each visit? Now my login token is carried page to page. :D

FZ1inNH

Administrator
I hope these will help out Dennis. I don't expect to see much happening here as this site is the lowest priority for him until the bike starts actually selling. But, it will be great to get the site all fixed up and running 100% before that time.

After we run out of fixes, we can dump this thread into the graveyard. :D

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
First thing I noticed Dennis? On the Home page, I don't see the login box showing me as logged in, but when in any thread, it does show me as logged in and says "Welcome, FZ1inNH" On the home page, the fields are blank link you've yet to log in.

Great start!!

+1 same here mate.
great move on grabbing the Domain name Dennis .

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
Just noticed another one,on the home page I don't get the "mod" link at the bottom of the page,but in a thread I do see it .
May be linked to the fact that we don't see the log in notification at the top on the home page or the forum link.

Last edited: