Shameless

H

Hoover

For those of you that have Netflix Streaming service and enjoy British humour, can I give a shout out to Shameless.

I know my UK mates will have already seen it, but for the rest of you, I highly recomend checking it out. Very funny, very rude, and quite dramatical as well.

In order to get the best out of it, you will need to watch it from series 1 as the stories do flow as it goes along. Also, there is a US version which I have yet to watch so dont be confused.

1 more thing, I suggest you use subtitles untill you get the hang of it. It is set in Manchester in the North of England and the accents are a bit tough to grasp. My wife, who has lived with a Midlander now for 10 years, took a few episodes to pick it up!!

It has won a ton of awards in UK and definately worth a look in.

Here's a link:

Shameless - Features - Explore the Chatsworth Estate - Channel 4

Mansack

I'll check it out. I absolutely loved "IT Crowd" after a recommendation from a Brit friend of mine.

cambo

Avid Rider
Hoover,

unrelated...but thought I'd share. My sister and I though raised in the US, were actually born in England (Oxford)...my mom grew up there (she's got the accent going on haha)...and my dad went to school there (Univ. of London...he's got a very weird cambodian/british accent. For instance, he means to say 'bugger' but it ends up coming out like 'burger'. Growing up, we'd always wonder...why is he calling us a 'stchupid burger'? what does that even mean? haha)

Actually, just about all of my cousins from my mom's side of the family are over there. I'm hoping to get stationed at one of the two air bases (Mildenhall or Lakenheath) over there at some point in this career.

haha, have you heard of upstairs downstairs? Geesus I got so tired of watching that but, growing up, that's all my mom would watch! lol

I'm always looking for a new series to get into. Right now, it's the Walking Dead. Before that, it was Prison break. I'll scope out shameless...but it's gotta hook me in the first ten minutes! otherwise...my ADD kicks in and I'll search for any new action movies on netflix.

D

DJK1505

That shits funny as hell! I love Frank! What the hell does he say at the very end of the opening song? Effin drunk ass, its probably just mumbling!!!!

I just watched a good movie called "Gettin' Square". Has the guy from Avatar, guy that is in the wheelchair. Was pretty slick! Just thought I would share another good movie on netflix.

DJ

D

Deleted member 438

I just wat he'd the first episode...fucking good.

H

Hoover

That shits funny as hell! I love Frank! What the hell does he say at the very end of the opening song? Effin drunk ass, its probably just mumbling!!!!

I just watched a good movie called "Gettin' Square". Has the guy from Avatar, guy that is in the wheelchair. Was pretty slick! Just thought I would share another good movie on netflix.

DJ

The intro changes as the seasons go on, but he always ends with "They know how to throw a party....scatter"

C

Camo

DJ

Great Aussie movie right there!