Shad seat color?

Coolzzy

I've found a deal on a shad seat for my 2013 FZ8, however it has blue stitching. My bike is the Matt gray color with blue pin stripes. Anyone know how close the blue stitching is in color to the Yamaha blue pinstripes?

npeifer2308

I can't speak for the blue shad seat but I can speak for the gold shad seat and the gold stitching matches the gold on my black and gold FZ8. So, I would assume the blue would be a damn near close match as well. Shad products are very well made so I am sure they tried to match the blue as best as possible.

Dtrain035

I've found a deal on a shad seat for my 2013 FZ8, however it has blue stitching. My bike is the Matt gray color with blue pin stripes. Anyone know how close the blue stitching is in color to the Yamaha blue pinstripes?

The pin stripes are vinyls and the stiching is thread so its not a 100% match but its about as close as you can get IMO.

efzate

If I remember I will take a pic tonight as I fitted a Shad about 3 weeks ago (also 2013 with matte grey, and black shad with blue stitching). I think it looks good and close as one would get.

Fazer 8

I have a 2013 Fazer 8 in Yamaha "Optic Blue" colour scheme - flat grey and DPBM15 stripes, wheels, etc (deep purplish blue metallic #15, that's what Yamaha calls it). The stitching on my Shad seat is not exactly the same, but certainly close enough to look like it goes with the bike.

Last edited:

Coolzzy

You convinced me, I ordered one in blue stitching last night, now the wait for shipping from outside the US begins.

Fazer 8

Yeah, those are the guys I got mine from last year, too.
Note that there are various listing oriented towards various different countries, with somewhat different prices. Anyway, much cheaper than through Yamaha (at least what Yamaha Canada wanted for it), and cheaper than the price through the official Shad distributor in North America, too.

Kcross24

Or just the US in general I'm moving in about 2 weeks so idk if I should wait to order them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coolzzy

Got my seat today, installed in 10 minutes with an allen wrench and 10mm deep socket. Got it in less than 10 days, would have been yesterday but signature is required for delivery and I was at work. Had to get it at the post office this morning.

Initial impressions, it's awesome. Looks great, doesn't shove you into the tank like stock seat. Because of that it keeps me further from the bars so now I'm wanting bar risers. Anyone know if the stock fz1 risers are a direct swap without altering the cables?

Anyway, blue matches the blue stripes pretty well, and do I mention it looks awesome!?

Dtrain035

Forget the looks. Just wait until you go for a long ride and your boys dont go numb after 45 minutes like they do on the stock seat.

Coolzzy

Took 2 hour ride today, apart from the heat (outside and coming from the motor), there was no tingle in my jingles when I got off.