Service Departments just seem to all suck

RoadKill

I recently got my shock linkage repaired under warranty at the dealership.
For the past couple of week i noticed that when i went to get gas that there was a strong vacuum when taking off the gas cap. i kept shrugging it off until today when i thought maybe that is doing some damage to my fuel pump.

So i took a look at my hoses that come from the gas tank for overflow from expansion and they looked fine. I propped up the tank and pulled them off.
A lot of suction! i thought maybe they are clogged. so i took a syringe and put in a little gas and none came out the bottom. Then i looked closer at where the right foot peg is bolted on and they were being pinched between the rearset and the frame. I loosened it and put the hoses on the other side and noticed that it would be kind of a pain in the ass to put the hoses between there again and screw it down.

I can't prove that it was done intentionally and i won't accuse the mech of doing that but i feel like should bring it up to the service manager. what do you guys think?

b-eock

Yeah point it out. I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but it does need to be brought up. I'm not a confrontational guy. Unless its a few things. And if I pay you to do me a service, it needs to be done right. If not, it needs to be fixed ASAP. Local garage had an Axel clamp bolt loose, forks at two different heights, and a few missing bolts. I brought it up, they were understanding and apologized. I fixed the loose bolt and misaligned forks. They replaced the missing bolts.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Harrywz

I recently got my shock linkage repaired under warranty at the dealership.
For the past couple of week i noticed that when i went to get gas that there was a strong vacuum when taking off the gas cap. i kept shrugging it off until today when i thought maybe that is doing some damage to my fuel pump.

So i took a look at my hoses that come from the gas tank for overflow from expansion and they looked fine. I propped up the tank and pulled them off.
A lot of suction! i thought maybe they are clogged. so i took a syringe and put in a little gas and none came out the bottom. Then i looked closer at where the right foot peg is bolted on and they were being pinched between the rearset and the frame. I loosened it and put the hoses on the other side and noticed that it would be kind of a pain in the ass to put the hoses between there again and screw it down.

I can't prove that it was done intentionally and i won't accuse the mech of doing that but i feel like should bring it up to the service manager. what do you guys think?

Yes, bring it up with the service manager. Today its a pinched vent hose, tomorrow its a loose axle after a tire change. Problem is that techs rush things to get as many jobs done during the day. This brings in careless installs. When you are working on bike, you have to make it safe for the rider. Not like a car where if a wheel falls off, chances are you will survive but have a wheel wobble at 70mph its game over.

Speedy2

Take it to Speers, Passaic NJ. They do great work and a lot of NYers come out for service. It's a small, old school Yamaha dealer. No glitz just good work. I wouldn't trust anyone else.