Seats?

hypo

:wav:

How many tanks can you go without complainin about a sore butt?

Who makes custom seats for the FZ8 yet? anyone? Anyone in the North American continent?

Hereward

Looking at getting local custom seat jokeys to gel pack and re cover mine, most if not all custom seat makers can do this for you.

Hereward

Slide all the way foreward on the seat and move your feet foreward on the pegs....so the arch and heel rather than the ball of your foot is on them, even if it's just for 60 seconds it'll distract you and make things a little more comfy LOL

hypo

I put a few hours under her today, and my butt is NOT happy with me at all. I'll definitely be investing in a seat before I invest in ANY MORE mods... :)

lothodon

Super Moderator
my easy solution. go take my old r1 out and then come home and sit on the fz8. that's all the seat improvement i'll ever need.

hypo

florida / cali... hell I'll send them my seat... :) not sure I can give up my ride though. :)

I DID email them and ask them when they'd have a seat for us... haven't gotten a response yet.

http://www.corbin.com/free_gear.shtml I see they're looking for a 2010...

who's in Las Vegas? its only 8 hours from there... ;)

Last edited:

SpunkyTheTuna

I live near Sargent's. Sent them an e-mail and offered up my bike for prototyping. I know that's how they work because they used my Multistrada to prototype that seat. Haven't heard anything from them yet. Might be waiting to see how much market penetration the FZ8 achieves before spending time with it.

LitzerSki

My question is that if the frame from the FZ1 and FZ8 are the same...how close would a FZ1 seat fit a FZ8?

Anyone have both, access to both, or a buddy with a newer FZ1 to compare?

D

Deleted member 438

FZ1

My question is that if the frame from the FZ1 and FZ8 are the same...how close would a FZ1 seat fit a FZ8?

Anyone have both, access to both, or a buddy with a newer FZ1 to compare?

I also thought about using an a Corbin saddle for the FZ1 and I looked at a parts fiche diagram for the FZ1 seat and I found that it attaches differently to the frame, so I'm not sure if it'll work.

summit8

Anyone able to find out anything about the Corbin seat?

I rode 2300 KM's in three days and the ONLY complaint I have is the damn seat. It's horrible and it's something I definitely want to change soon!

summit

hypo

I live near Sargent's. Sent them an e-mail and offered up my bike for prototyping. I know that's how they work because they used my Multistrada to prototype that seat. Haven't heard anything from them yet. Might be waiting to see how much market penetration the FZ8 achieves before spending time with it.

Hey Spunky... any word?

rnvanquish

I've heard that these guys do a pretty decent job with seats: Top Sellerie - Deluxe seats for motorcycles, petrol tank covers, tank bags and scooter leg covers [Rates for an order from : FRANCE]. I've never had one myself so I can't necessarily attest to their superiority myself but they seem to offer enough options to satisfy even the most meticulous of riders. I'm not sure how their price compares either as I haven't really been able to find another company that offers as wide a range of options as this place...or offer seats for an FZ8 in general. It's an idea though for someone really desperate to get a new seat on there.

lothodon

Super Moderator
corbin didn't make a 2010 fz1 seat, which surprises me, as i'd be willing to be that one might be the best bet of working on the 8. doesn't anyone live near the ca. shop that can loan 'em your fz8? i would for a free seat for sure, but it's a bit of a ride for me.

rnvanquish

corbin didn't make a 2010 fz1 seat, which surprises me, as i'd be willing to be that one might be the best bet of working on the 8. doesn't anyone live near the ca. shop that can loan 'em your fz8? i would for a free seat for sure, but it's a bit of a ride for me.

I'm about 250 miles south of their California facility. That's a pretty hefty haul for a seat I probably wouldn't purchase. Although, I'm pretty sure they hook the guinea pigs up with a seat for free...Hmmmm....

lothodon

Super Moderator
I'm about 250 miles south of their California facility. That's a pretty hefty haul for a seat I probably wouldn't purchase. Although, I'm pretty sure they hook the guinea pigs up with a seat for free...Hmmmm....

they do give you a seat (or whatever they use your bike for) for free.