Seat upgrade

C

Camo

So it was well documented that the Corbin seat was not so great, the top sellerie seats were being bought and a few of you got seat covers.

I racked up a shit load of seat time last week and am ready to admit I hate the stock seat so much, I almost broke land speed records to get to the final stop!

So, I'm ready to weigh up my options and crush my wife's spirit by spending more on the 8....
I want your reviews, opinions, life experiences but would really like to hear from those who've coughed up the dough and upgraded the seat on their 8.
Keep in mind, I'm not looking to bolt on an arm chair lol. I do a mix of riding that mostly includes track days, days in the twisty's and the odd longer trip.

Links would be appreciated as would any info on Aussie companies who may do custom seats.

Cheers fuckers:)

Spyder Eye

I have been eyeing one by SHAD. Apparently this company is the OEM seat manufacturer for BMW and Triumph, according to their blog. I guess they make both the stock and upgrade OEM seat.

SHAD Style Seat Yamaha FZ8

H

Hoover

My Top Sellerie cover is a tad better than stock mate, not much more, but it does have enough room to add a gel pad or memory foam.

It was cheap though. If I spent a bit more time on it, I imagine I could make it better.

Back to you fucker..

Last edited:

EugeneORFZ8

I just installed the new Shad Seats this weekend and they're great. Rode 100 miles and didn't feel any pain. They also look great.

:):)

EugeneORFZ8

i ordered it off Amazon and it arrived four days later. The quality is great. The pans look to be higher quality than the factory ones. You swap a few brackets and grommets but it only takes a few minutes to install. No fit up problems like the Corbin posts on the forum. I highly recommend!!

C

Camo

If you don't mind me asking Eugene, how much did they set you back?

EugeneORFZ8

Actually it didn't cost me anything. I paid for them with my AMEX points. It's my perk for traveling for work and using my own credit card for expenses.

Amazon is selling them for Shad at $379 USD

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/SHAD-COMFORT-Seat-Yamaha-FZ8/dp/B009RUZKAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361334146&sr=8-1&keywords=shad+fz8]Amazon.com: SHAD COMFORT Seat for Yamaha FZ8: Everything Else[/ame]

Blanchy

I'm using a Top Sellerie on my FZ1. It was a std length which was too cramped for me. Had some foam removed for more rearward movement and now I love it. If anybody is looking at a Top Sellerie I recommend the long version. I'm 5'7"

B

bren

What kind of brake lines do you have on there mate?

Are they hard to fit? (im a shithouse mechanic) lol.

I have a set of red venhills on the way.

Blanchy

What kind of brake lines do you have on there mate?

Are they hard to fit? (I'm a shithouse mechanic) lol.

I have a set of red venhills on the way.
Me? Goodridge standard layout plus 2" for FZ8 Bars on standard FZ1 risers. TUV/ADR approved. Not hard to fit but any doubts on brakes, have someone else do it or supervise. One really good trick I picked up on the FZ site was to bleed the brakes then put some rubber bands on the lever to hold it compressed and leave overnight. Next day the lever was really firm.

Last edited:
C

Camo

I'm a bit worried that the TS seats maybe a little chunky and hard to move around on when in the tight stuff. They look comfy as hell though!
Guess I could whack the stock unit on for track days hey?

F

Fazed

Why would you want to replace the seat?? It's perfect just like the suspension ;)

Not sure why a motorcycle seat maker would be named after a green stick vegetable??? Crazy French ppl ;)

D

DJK1505

not sure if this will help you. I have one and have done a few 600 mile rides with no issues. From what I have read, you want a more firm seat, but its the hot spots that kill you. So this creates an air gap to let your legs breathe.

BeadRider – Beaded Motorcycle Seats

DJ

D

DJK1505

Thats a cabby cover :p

It looks retarded, but the first trip up through PA was two days just under 700 miles. I was freaking crying when I got home. Got this, and have done rides all last summer up to 650 miles in two days, and had no issues. I did have a stiff knee, but no more hot spots or cramping. So, make fun of my cabby cover, but I solved my problem for 55 bucks! LOL

Hey you still "walking" down to help clean up my room? LMAO

DJ