san antonio FZ8 squid sighting

9 Lives

How about an anti retarded riding sticker? Guys that ride like they own the road, darting in and out of traffic, riding at 250 kmph in traffic, causing accidents do a lot more to increase insurance rates that riding without gear.

JSP

Administrator
How about an anti retarded riding sticker? Guys that ride like they own the road, darting in and out of traffic, riding at 250 kmph in traffic, causing accidents do a lot more to increase insurance rates that riding without gear.

All still fall under the "squid" definition. ;) It's a package deal. :D

JSP

Administrator
I like this one best out of those choices...

But like stated, squid is more than just no gear...

Or do something like this. ;)

I've seen something like this before but could not find again. Just made a quick one up.

This would go great in the back window of my truck. :)

Er.. I found it haha. I even used the same mario squid they did. Thought it looked familiar.

http://nosquidding.com/decals.php

Last edited:

MikeC

Weekend Rider
I like this one best out of those choices...

But like stated, squid is more than just no gear...

Or do something like this. ;)

I've seen something like this before but could not find again. Just made a quick one up.

This would go great in the back window of my truck. :)

Er.. I found it haha. I even used the same mario squid they did. Thought it looked familiar.

No Squidding - Dress for the slide, not for the ride.

Haha I've seen that! Nosquidding.com does a great job promoting the fight against Squidding. Their stickers are top notch quality, and the Mario Squid is classic! I wouldn't be able to produce at their quality at a lower price, so I definitely promote buying that particular design from them directly (even though it's a little pricey).

For alternate designs, or "text" decals, I can definitely tackle that project starting by addressing the "ATGATT" part. Gotta figure out something to replace it with.

JSP

Administrator
Haha I've seen that! Nosquidding.com does a great job promoting the fight against Squidding. Their stickers are top notch quality, and the Mario Squid is classic! I wouldn't be able to produce at their quality at a lower price, so I definitely promote buying that particular design from them directly (even though it's a little pricey).

For alternate designs, or "text" decals, I can definitely tackle that project starting by addressing the "ATGATT" part. Gotta figure out something to replace it with.

Since you vouch for them, I just got the small 2" red No squid decal. $4 w/free shipping isnt too bad. ;)

I think the ATGATT still fits for the sticker... Just not the only definition for a squid. But usually those acting like douches on the road ARE the ones not wearing gear.

So maybe a couple different versions? I like the one above. Then maybe another with something else...

Or like the meth ads...

ANTI-SQUID
NOT EVEN ONCE

:D Or something like that.

Sticking with the rest of the anti-drug slogans haha

Friends Don't Let Friends Squid

Squid Free Zone

alexk

Weekend Rider
Micha3lchu, can you do retroreflective vinyl cuts? The reason I haven't bought a nosquidding sticker is that it isn't retroreflective, and I do half my riding at night. I wants ta be seen! =)

Woody146

Banned
When it's 100 degree out and your doing city riding ie lots of stop lights, you will catch me in shorts and my iicon Stryker vest...sure call me a squid, I have 7200 on my bike ( in 1 yr) and 3 k on a Harley...I enjoy being comfortable when i ride..I mean...u really went out of your way to hope he was on here.......?

JSP

Administrator
When it's 100 degree out and your doing city riding ie lots of stop lights, you will catch me in shorts and my iicon Stryker vest...sure call me a squid, I have 7200 on my bike ( in 1 yr) and 3 k on a Harley...I enjoy being comfortable when i ride..I mean...u really went out of your way to hope he was on here.......?

Too hot for gear too hot to ride... :confused: IMO.

Physics do not cease to exist just because you are hot. How many miles you have is irrelevant as well..

Woody146

Banned
I live in California...it gets hot....lets be real...I have a prop. 215 card...the dispensary is under 2 miles from my house, I do not get in full gear to run errands like this..let me be more specific..if I am actually going for a ride or going a good deal away from my house..I wear full gear...I do not enjoy being in full leather (black at that) tho when I do simple errands.. like I was implying from the first post.

JSP

Administrator
I live in California...it gets hot....lets be real...I have a prop. 215 card...the dispensary is under 2 miles from my house, I do not get in full gear to run errands like this..let me be more specific..if I am actually going for a ride or going a good deal away from my house..I wear full gear...I do not enjoy being in full leather (black at that) tho when I do simple errands.. like I was implying from the first post.

Congrats....?

Most accidents happen in town close to home. Again, physics dont change. I'd be more inclined to wear gear around town. Way more dangerous with all the other drivers out there. No one said full leathers.. Mesh works wonders and flows air great. I wear it up into the low 90's. Once it gets too uncomfortable to wear it, I take the car.

My advise would be to invest in some better hot weather gear... But that is just me. I see no reason to not wear gear. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! :D ;)

Last edited: