RyanSterling's Mods

FZ8.UK

Stunning

Rendering, the work you have done is excellent,

do u intend to change the fork tube colour to black,

fantastic work, wish i could put my hand to the same standard.

take care

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
How difficult was it to fabricate your headlight and how much would it take to possibly get you to do one for the Fz1?

The topic for streetfighter headlight setups has been gettng tossed around on the Fz6 forum and I think yours is one of the most amazing I've ever seen.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I need to post updated pics. I blacked out the headlight bucket and the trim ring. Looks a lot meaner now. The headlight itself was a bit of a pain to be honest. Mostly just because it is made up of so many different lights. 3 I believe actually. I think I listed what they were in the build. Anyways, between working a ton of hours and modding both my bikes while in the middle of a car restoration I probably wouldn't be able to make them for anyone but I am more than happy to walk anyone through the process or help any way I can. To be totally honest there are some things I would do differently this time around having learned lessons from the first one.

RyanSterling

Rendering, the work you have done is excellent,

do u intend to change the fork tube colour to black,

fantastic work, wish i could put my hand to the same standard.

take care

Thanks man, thats mighty kind of ya. I actually kind of dig the gold forks actually. The only thing that I don't like about them is how crappy they are which makes the gold seem kinda poser-esque. But Ractech and I have a plan to solve that.

S

Shock

PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS look I'm a fan of you photoshopping and mods so please post pics I get inspiration from everywhere on how I'm going to redo my bike.

RyanSterling

As promised, a new pic of the bike as it looks now. Levers are new and I blacked out the headlight trim ring. It actually makes me want to remove the stripe and just run it black for a while. Does my side stand look super low to anyone else?

Anyways, taken on Mulholland last weekend while out for a ride with my buddies.

B

bren

leave the stripe mate! looks awesome.

I followed your lead and replaced my gold wheel stripes for red- looks much better.

Am replacing the gold levers i fitted with red ones- but i can fit them until march 4 cos my kids are giving to me for my bday! lol

have ordered black low rise bars to replace mu gold bars too.

RyanSterling

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I actually kind of wish I had gone with black levers and red adjusters. The gold on the current ones is a bit much for me. Might just powder coat or anodize them.

H

Hoover

Thats a great photo.

The stripe does look good and no, your side stand is not too low...because you are not trying hard enough...Knee down amigo!

RyanSterling

Especially with my magical non-stock suspension. I had actually just had an Oh-S^$# moment a few turns back before the picture. Was leaving the rock store and hit a section that was still wet. Between that and cold tires the ass end slid out on me and sapped my courage :( I still have a long way to go before I start draggin knees either way, magical suspension or not. ;)

H

Hoover

Especially with my magical non-stock suspension. I had actually just had an Oh-S^$# moment a few turns back before the picture. Was leaving the rock store and hit a section that was still wet. Between that and cold tires the ass end slid out on me and sapped my courage :( I still have a long way to go before I start draggin knees either way, magical suspension or not. ;)

Hahaha. You know what, I just took a closer look at the picture. Your eyes look like you did just have an Oh Shit moment. :eek::eek::eek:

Landin

Sweet!
Nice work!
EDIT: Found it..the radiator cover, is it the same on 2010 and 2011?

Last edited: