Round headlight

mano1192

Hi guys,

Im looking to purchase either the FZ8 or the Duc Monster 796. Im leaning toward the Yamaha right now for many factors including , price, easier to work on and manage, void warranty BS that Duc tries to pull if you dont have authorized dealers change the oil, and parts should be much cheaper.

I REALLY love the naked bikes. I just dont like the headlight on the fz8 all that much the duc round retro style light is such a nicer look IMO. Hence my question, is there a round headlight mod or kit that anyone has installed? I was unable to hunt one down on the internet and havent seen a pic of one yet.

Thanks and hopefully soon Ill be riding a FZ8 too!
/Steve

Speedo007

HeadLight Kits. StreetFighters Inc. One stop shopping for StreetFighter & Motorcycle Accessories.

Here are a few options. I dont think the retro round headlight would fit well (I mean the looks) on the FZ8. I'd either go with 2 small round black headlights or more modern shaped headlights.

Last edited:

i like the dominator headlight(the two headlights) i installed them on my sv 650 when i put the gsxr fork was an easy install
ill post pics

mano1192

I got the bike today and after looking at how integrated the gauges are in the light housing I feel like they would be hanging in space. I see the bracket in the pic above, not crazy about it but its definitely a cool look. I think the stock light will grow on me.

To be honest after jumping on the bike and taking it for a spin, its so much fun to ride that I think changing the light can wait :)

Speedo007

I'm sure you'll get used to the headlight. Save that 4-500$ and buy a few accessories like LED blinkers, tail tidy, clean mirrors and the bike should look close to the bike above.

pedro2560

hey there,if you don`t like your headlight and your going to swap it,i may be keen to buy your one,let me know.i need two front indicators as well.cheers pete

Speedo007

I could have 2 front indicators for sale soon, but New Zealand is quite far, I think shipping would ruin the deal...

D

DJK1505

Its a good lookin bike, but man get those mirrors taken care of, they look like bug antennas with that front end stripped down. Try some cheap ebay bar end mirrors.

Speedo007

I thought just the same thing, weird that he would go through the trouble of swapping the headlight before kicking the stock mirrors to the bin hehe

If he painted the ring on the headlight black along with the brackets it would look better, but still not the best headlight combination for me.

D

DJK1505

I think its because it looks so bare, that it throws me off. Maybe once the mirrors are removed, smaller bar end type installed it will even it out a bit. Not sure I would of gone with that headlight for the bike, I love the old school round lights, just think this bike needs a little more up front! Heck maybe a small windscreen would help fill the void!

C

Camo

I think it looks alright... It would look better as mentioned above if the bracket was black and the mirrors were upgraded but I think it'd look better if the headlight was actually a bit bigger.

D

DJK1505

An 8" round, with all black mounting hardware and some bar end mirrors would be pretty sweet I think. I like the round headlights, but with these newer bikes its hard to get a round headlight to look right with all the sharp edges and lines of these bikes!

D

DJK1505

I still think this would look best from all the options I've seen.

I like this one, but it looks like our stock one, just all the surrounding plastic is removed. Still a good looking option!!!!