Roll On Wheel Chock

AlCab

Picked this up yesterday during the Black Friday sale at my local Cycle Gear store. Allows me to store the bike upright in the garage. I guess some people use this to transport their bike on a trailer or the back of a pick up. It takes a pretty good push to get it on the stand and a good pull to get it off but I like it. It's very sturdy and definitely holds the bike securely once on the stand. I tied it to the metal bookcase as it wants to slide back when I try to pull the bike off the stand. It does have holes in the stand if you want to anchor it to the garage floor.

Anyone else using one?

C

Camo

I've got a similar one on order for the back of my ute(small pick up truck for all you US based guys).
They're probably not absolutely needed but offer more confidence when transporting the bike and make it easier to tie down on your own.
I dig 'em.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Hmmm, i paid $135 CND thru my business account. Never pay retail. A little expensive but by far better than the other 3 i have, similar to yours, they can fall if not strapped down like you have to the post. The Smart chock will not fall without being strapped down or bolted ,even when you sit on bike and lean a bit.

Last edited:
C

Camo

Mine was an hour of helping at the mechanics and a 4 pack of wild turkey ;)

e11charlie

Those are very good for trailers and when transporting. I prefer to get both tires off the ground. Front head stand and rear spool stand. Then she sleeps for the winter.

AlCab

Hmmm, i paid $135 CND thru my business account. Never pay retail. A little expensive but by far better than the other 3 i have, similar to yours, they can fall if not strapped down like you have to the post. The Smart chock will not fall without being strapped down or bolted ,even when you sit on bike and lean a bit.

Mine seems to be really sturdy and it's made of heavy gauge steel. I strapped it to the bookcase because it was sliding back when I tried to pull the bike off the stand. My garage floor is really smooth so I can't blame it on the stand. One issue is that the tire tends to get pinched in the vertical tire chock and won't release. I put an old sock on each of the "arms" and problem solved.

krillz

Sweet, I have a Condor installed on my trailer. Works great, I should have gotten one of those Cycle Gear is right down the road from me

V

Vapordan

Does this thing lock? I like. If it does, I'll definitely get one.

AlCab

Does this thing lock? I like. If it does, I'll definitely get one.

You can easily put a cable lock around the front wheel and throught the tie down loops on either side of it, as you can see in the pic. Is that what you mean?

V

Vapordan

You can easily put a cable lock around the front wheel and throught the tie down loops on either side of it, as you can see in the pic. Is that what you mean?

No I want to roll it in and click lock. I found one but they went out if business. I have been looking forever for a suitable one.

AlCab

No I want to roll it in and click lock. I found one but they went out if business. I have been looking forever for a suitable one.

No, this one does not click lock. If you are worried about it rolling off by itself, it won't. If you are looking for security from theft, then you'd have to lock it manually as well as permanently mount the stand to the floor.