Researched rear shock setups, just to find I didn't need it...

HeresMyMind

So after doing a ton of research on rear shocks and getting an R1 rear setup, i realized that my 2013 has an adjustable rear... I'm so used to reading how guys dont have adjustable rear shocks then realized they must have 2010-2012, and my shop ONLY told me how the front suspension was different.... Well 4 clicks up and my rear end is planted... Just thought I'd share my "Ah Ha!" moment.

-B

Keach

I really need to get into a suspension shop and get my rear properly adjusted (r1 shock conversion) or at least learn how to properly adjust everything myself. The 2013 rear shock is different as I think it had a heavier spring rate and has rebound dampening while the R1 shock has rebound and compression adjustability. All of the shocks have preload adjustment. Glad you have ur stock shock working for you...that's all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FZ82011

I really need to get into a suspension shop and get my rear properly adjusted (r1 shock conversion) or at least learn how to properly adjust everything myself. The 2013 rear shock is different as I think it had a heavier spring rate and has rebound dampening while the R1 shock has rebound and compression adjustability. All of the shocks have preload adjustment. Glad you have ur stock shock working for you...that's all that matters.

What exactly would I need on a 2011 FZ8 to do the R1 shock conversion? Thanks

Keach

What exactly would I need on a 2011 FZ8 to do the R1 shock conversion? Thanks

Just an 06-08 R1 shock and the satan adapter. You need to suspend the rear end to install. I was able to just use my center stand and a floor jack. There should be a how to somewhere on here. I know there is one on the other site.

Fred'Z8

The factory shock will never perform as well as a good aftermarket shock. I ride in the Ozark mountains quite a bit and the factory rear will start fading out after about 30 minutes of hard riding.

FZ82011

Just an 06-08 R1 shock and the satan adapter. You need to suspend the rear end to install. I was able to just use my center stand and a floor jack. There should be a how to somewhere on here. I know there is one on the other site.

Thanks Keach. There are so few FZ8s in the UK....or I never see any anyway its so hard to get any information about mods. I understand satan is a forum member that makes these adapters, does he have a site? Thanks

Keach

Thanks Keach. There are so few FZ8s in the UK....or I never see any anyway its so hard to get any information about mods. I understand satan is a forum member that makes these adapters, does he have a site? Thanks

His name is Richard Tucker and his email is [email protected]. He had a thread on here. I think he recently posted that he made a run of the adapters recently and had a few extras.

HeresMyMind

I did a custom setup on my bike and have the 2013 FZ8 adjustable one for sale if anyone is interested. 100$ shipped! it is in great shape

-B

HeresMyMind

I sold the stocker, The R1 shock handles like a dream, hard to explain until you've ridden it. All the facebook posts finally make sense and the confusion is gone.

-B