Replacement (or upgrade) rubber for shifter peg?

Tix

So it looks like I'm a little too aggressive with my bike and I'm wearing out the rubber on the shifter peg and on the shifter itself.

Anyone know of a good replacement?

Woody146

Banned
My Satos came with a delrin shifter and brake lever..get that...does not wear...if it does..buy another one $10 and screw it on.

Tix

My Satos came with a delrin shifter and brake lever..get that...does not wear...if it does..buy another one $10 and screw it on.

Are you talking about THIS?

How long is it? I'm a little worried about it scraping when I flip her over...

DanS

Commuter
So it looks like I'm a little too aggressive with my bike and I'm wearing out the rubber on the shifter peg and on the shifter itself.

Anyone know of a good replacement?
The rubber on mine is about gone too and the underside of the peg isn't pretty either. Im hoping to get some adjustable rear sets before theres nothing left. Just need the kids to quit being so damn needy and my company to un-ass some overtime

Woody146

Banned
closer to $700 w/shipping and tax,if you think that is a lot get yourself one of these but who cares they were birthday presents from the girlfriend.:bday:

Ahh that's right..I get that Cali shipping price:idk:

What kind is it...rsc?

Hah nice man!! I want one...used it yet? How much??

I've been told this is just a band aid to the suspension...was thinking of forking over enough for ohlins..hoping if I do that..I won't need this

RD GUY

its a Toby Racing dampner ,around $500,it works great .I didn't put it on because of handling issues .

Last edited:

Tix

closer to $700 w/shipping and tax,if you think that is a lot get yourself one of these but who cares they were birthday presents from the girlfriend.:bday:

Thats some GF!

All I got was a coffee mug and some good sex hahaha

MotoZen

its a Toby Racing dampner ,around $500,it works great .I didn't put it on because of handling issues .

Why did you put it on then? I thought that handling was the only benefit if a dampner?

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

RD GUY

last time I posted why I put one on, and why I like a dampner on my bikes I got a lot of negative input from the naysayers and the book readers,so on that note lets just say happy birthday to me.

MotoZen

last time I posted why I put one on, and why I like a dampner on my bikes I got a lot of negative input from the naysayers and the book readers,so on that note lets just say happy birthday to me.

Whatever, it's your bike. If you want to paint it pink with purple flowers and put tassels on the grips, then go right ahead and F everybody else. I was just curious if there was another functional reason to put it on there other than improving handling?

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Fuzzb8

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who had this issue. Got 7000 miles on my bike and noticed the shifter peg starting to wear down a while ago so I kept rotating the rubber to get more life out of it. Well I ended up with a triangular piece of rubber lol. I very recently got on eBay and just ordered a replacement rubber piece and stuck it on there, factory yamaha part number and everything. Was like $8.00 or something no biggie. Have been going back and forth for ever about rear sets and for now decided against them as I'm 6'3 and can't afford to have the pegs up or back any further to keep the comfort level the same as I commute (when it's nice out) 25 miles one way to work. And when there's traffic which is like everyday it can take an hour.